Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Autohide window title bar & buttons , sort of like an inverse of roll-up function. » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 6992

PeterHW Hall

Posted: 03/30/2011 21:27:28

Hi, i really like the function you currently have of removing a title bar & buttons from a window, however, there are some windows that although i would like to remove the title bar & buttons, but doing so isn't an option as the close button is the only way to close that window. Similarly there are some windows that don't have regular window title-bars & adding the title bar via your currently available option is "clunky" because I only want access to the aim title buttons once in a while. Plus, the title bar can take up precious space if working with multiple windows.

So, i suddenly thought that a solution might be to have a feature that allowed a window to start with it's title-bar & buttons (whether they be program defaults or Actual Windows Manager defined) and after a certain amount of time (or by an added title button) the title button would disappear. It would also need to be triggerable to reappear, by hotkey or other mouse gesture/placement...eg. hovering on the top left corner of the window for a defined amount of time, or a hotkey.

I had a quick look through at the requests already made & didn't see anything similar, so hope this is a bona-fide new request & one that is doable. (I really like your product & use it all the time & do use beta versions too).

Thanks
Peter

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/31/2011 21:05:19

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the post.

We'll consider your request.

Best regards.

Sergio Gomes

Posted: 12/30/2012 18:04:35

I would like the exacly same request. The floating menu of the "Actual Window Manager" steals me precious space. I'm using Google Chrome, and it's a nightmare to close the last tabs or to open a new one, because the menu it's always in the way.

Thank you, please don't forget this request.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/16/2013 03:11:30

Hello Sergio.

We'll take your vote into account.

Best regards.

Rocco

Posted: 02/07/2013 06:20:08

I'd like to make this suggestion as well.

Getting rid of the title bar is cool for some programs but makes it hard to work with, ie. hard to minimise, maximise, restore, close, etc. Doing so requires Atl-tabbing to access the taskbar and right-clicking the programs taskbar icon to access it's system menu. If we could easily access the titlebar buttons, by hovering the mouse in the top right corner of the screen until the buttons appeared then click a button, then it might even become feasible to use the feature in your default settings and use it on nearly all programs not just the occasional 1 or 2.

And if it makes it easier, you could just make the whole titlebar appear instead of just the buttons. I don't see a problem with that.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/12/2013 02:30:17

Hello Rocco

Have been taken into account!

Best regards

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search