Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Virtual Desktop Control , Enhancements » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 6158

John Watson

Posted: 03/05/2011 09:31:22

I love your product although one thing I'm having a hard time "getting" is the virtual desktop tool. It seems very unforgiving in that you cannot resize it by clicking and dragging and it seems to be buggy when you apply rollup to it. It is a great way to help manage the desktop but I can't seem to find a way to make it less of an "annoyance" to use. I have applied a setting to it to make it close after 3 seconds when it's in active and ALWAYS bring it up in the center of the screen as opposed to wherever the mouse is on the screen but I can't seem to figure out a way to quickly access it WITHOUT using the keyboard commands. It would be nice if I could apply a "pushpin" to stick it on top when I bring it up and the un stick it to go back to where I was. I find the shorcut key to bring it up are a distraction from my work. It would be nice if it were easier to "get to it", "use it", then have it go away til I need it. I don't want it "looking at me" from the desktop all the time. Maybe I'm missing a way to do this but I think I've tried everything.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/10/2011 04:05:02

Hello John,

Thanks for the post.

We'll change usability of VD Switcher, but we don't know how it'll look like yet.

Best regards.

tacchan23

Posted: 04/29/2011 07:12:25

I agree too, hope to see an improvment on the VD Switcher.
Maybe something similar to Dexpot would be nice... a plugin to pin it to the Win7 taskbar and show the preview of each virtual desktop. Or even simply make it accessible directly from a tray icon.

Any extimation on when a "new" VD Switcher will be available?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/03/2011 00:10:58

Hello tacchan23,

Unfortunately, I don't know a date when a "new" VD Switcher will be available.

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 08/05/2011 06:28:46

I too think that something similar to Dexpot would really add to the value and usability of AWM. Not just to show the virtual desktops as previews when hovering over a taskbar or tray icon, but also the component Dexgrid which shows all virtual desktops on one monitor for a quick overview. And if something like the component Dexcube could be added: that would really be the icing on the cake  :)

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/23/2011 02:28:50

Hello Pim,

Thanks for the message.

We'll consider your request.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics