Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM titlebar menu to sel ect specified files & folders fr om Win or Open » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 5245

Andrew West

Posted: 02/17/2011 01:35:02

I'd like to suggest a feature enhancement to the AWM product. I used to use a program called FbX (File Box eXtender, from http://www.hyperionics.com/files/index.asp. No longer developed, now released under GNU). This handy (at one time sold and later provided free) program allowed quick access to user-preferred files and folders under Windows or within Open & Save dialogs. The program allowed the user to manually set favorite locations (e.g. any file or folder, on the local PC or via mapped drives or \\UNC paths) as well as automatically populating a "Most Recent" list (I mostly used the former).

Unfortunately, although aspects of the FbX program still work under Win7, the fact that it's no longer being developed means that that it's becoming increasingly unreliable (e.g. features don't work, title/menubar icons mysteriously vanish & reappear, etc.). I've also seen FbX icons overwrite additional titlebar icons (e.g. in Save or Open dialogs) including those of AWM showing that its old code doesn't "play" well with others.

Although FbX is somewhat orthogonal to the features in AWM, it is similar in that it provides small titlebar menus as well as a tray menu launch tool which is what triggered the idea of possibly including some of the basic functionality--e.g. a title/menu bar icon with a list of manually configured folder selection items--in your program.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/17/2011 21:18:30

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for the post.

We'll consider your request.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics