Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Additional toolbar features and bugs(?) » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 6433

Rajah Donalt

Posted: 12/10/2010 09:07:33

I installed the trial version of AWM 6.3 on my tri-monitor setup.  It's a really cool product but there are some annoyances that have cropped up:

1. There doesn't seem to be a way to completely eliminate the thumbnail preview when you hover over a taskbar item.  I keep my windows ungrouped and have the Aero style previews turned off.  7 Windows Tweaker will remove them for the primary screen's taskbar only.  I'd like to see AWM incorporate this feature.

2. Ungrouping of windows.  I absolutely hate how Windows 7 keeps like windows grouped together in the task bar, even with the "never combine" option set.  Again 7 Windows Tweaker has an override for this but it only works on the primary Windows taskbar.  It would be really nice if AWM allowed a similar option.

3. Better minimize and restore when clicking the taskbar item.  When I have multiple windows of the same program open (FireFox, IE are the most notable) using the taskbar items to control window visibility is erratic.  Often when I click one of the items it will restore a different window of the same program - almost like it's cycling through them instead of using the specific one I click.  Also, the animation of the window going into and out of the toolbar will frequently be to the main window's tool bar and not the toolbar of the monitor the windows are on.

4. Random rearrangement of taskbar items.  I've noticed as I open and close windows on the secondary monitors the taskbar items will get rearranged without me implicitly moving them.  For instance, if I have 2 FireFox windows open and SQL Server Management Studio (in that order in the taskbar), then open a 3rd FireFox window on that monitor, it will rearrange the taskbar items so SQL Server Management Studio is first and the 3 FireFox windows come next.  I find this pretty annoying.

Anyway, very nice product!

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/01/2011 23:05:25

Hello Rajah,

Thanks for the post and sorry for the delay in replying.

Could you install Actual Window Manager 6.4 beta 3 ( http://www.actualtools.com/beta/ ) and give me a list of your requests/bugs that still persist?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register