New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 12 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Restore window positions after hibernate , (to correct MS Windows behavior) » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 23471

Jim

Posted: 03/09/2011 22:54:59

Michael Beight wrote:
Jim wrote:
I have to do a Win+f5 to make Actual put them back where they are based on the rules.

Jim,
I didn't know about that shortcut.  Which version of Windows do you use?  On my Windows XP (both 32- and 64-bit), it does the same thing as F5 (which is usually "refresh the page").

XP 32bit.  It's a hotkey/shortcut of Actual Window Manager, not Windows itself, it applies to the current window in focus, and when struck, makes actual reprocess the rules it has for that window.  Perhaps you don't have it enabled though AFAIK it's on by default.  To check, go into the configuration for Actual, than Actions at the top, then Options. On the left, under Triggers, go to Hotkeys.  The one you're looking for is "Reapply settings" - make sure it's checked as enabled and has a keystroke.  AFAIK it's enabled by default and mapped to Win+F5.  HTH.

Michael Beight

Posted: 03/10/2011 20:45:54

Jim wrote:
XP 32bit.  It's a hotkey/shortcut of Actual Window Manager, not Windows itself, it applies to the current window in focus, and when struck, makes actual reprocess the rules it has for that window.  Perhaps you don't have it enabled though AFAIK it's on by default.  To check, go into the configuration for Actual, than Actions at the top, then Options. On the left, under Triggers, go to Hotkeys.  The one you're looking for is "Reapply settings" - make sure it's checked as enabled and has a keystroke.  AFAIK it's enabled by default and mapped to Win+F5.  HTH.

Thanks for the tip.  Some handy things in there..

Yeah that does just about what I want, except

.....(a) it *also* applies all the other settings you might have for the window (macros, size, etc), which can be more inconvenience than it's worth; and

.....(b) it seems to sometimes apply to only one window and sometimes _all_ windows.  I spose I should file that under Bug Reports!  And of course..

.....( c) it's manual.

~~~
On thinking, this is actually a trickier issue than I thought.  But here's my best idea for a solution:

.....Add an additional option to the Position tab that says "Reapply position after standby or workstation lock".

This isn't perfect since the user could have moved the window since its initial positioning by AWM; but it would be pretty darn good for me personally.
.....(The only thing better than this would be if AWM somehow restored the window's position from *right before* the workstation-lock; but that would seem impractical, resource-wise).

Messages 11 - 12 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register