Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Better wallpaper and window management » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 4301

Lewis Smith

Posted: 10/19/2010 09:00:32

For Wallpapers
It would be useful for wallpapers to be scaled bi-cubically for the screen they're on to remove jaggies from previously smooth lines.
Also, could Next and previous wallpaper items be added to desktop context menus on screens with slideshow active.

For Windows
when an application is full screen on one monitor, could all programs be moved to the other monitor.

Also, when a program is launched from the taskbar/start menu on one screen can the window actually appear on that screen not just the last position it was open in.

Finally, when dialog boxes show up for programs, could they be moved by default to the monitor of the parent program, unless it is a resizeable child window, in which case can remember when it's on the other monitor and when it's opened in future it would appear on that monitor in relation to the parent window.
(Meaning if a child window is on monitor 2 and the program is closed, then opened on monitor 2, the child window would appear on monitor 1.)

I hope these are considered useful additions/suggestions.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/25/2010 05:29:31

Thank you, Lewis!

I added your ideas about Wallpaper to our base of future changes. We'll try to realize it soon.

Our program doesn't work properly with full screen windows.  You can choose the Gather all windows here item in context menu of second monitor and all windows expect fullscreen would be moved to monitor 2.

Also, when a program is launched from the taskbar/start menu on one screen can the window actually appear on that screen not just the last position it was open in.

The option Move to monitor having mouse point can solve the problem.

when dialog boxes show up for programs, could they be moved by default to the monitor of the parent program,

There is the option Move to monitor of parent window

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Lewis Smith

Posted: 10/25/2010 11:22:08

Thanks for your response, I found the settings you mentioned, tried with both 'cursor' and 'parent' but sadly the worst culprit; Photoshop (CS5, 64-bit) won't always comply.

Some dialogs like PNG save options jump fr om one screen to the other when they show, wh ere as others like image and canvas size stay on the last screen they appeared on.

It doesn't appear to be a 64-bit problem as 3DS Max 2010 does fine, with the exception of the material editor, which I'm happy to use the other monitor.

On majority, most applications seem to handle this functionality themselves, Photoshop's just being annoying.

Also, with both Photoshop and 3DS Max 2010, when it is opened on a monitor different from the last it used, it's splash screen doesn't jump. Then, so far only with Photoshop, when the main window does jump, it doesn't resize properly (my monitors are different resolutions).

This may not be possible but it would be better if windows jumped as they appear rather than just afterwards. I don't know what event this software is listening for, but it's annoying how some windows take a while to jump screens.

Finally, when something does jump monitors, I don't think it keeps it's proportional position/size like it does when it's moved manually.

BTW, in regards to the program ignoring full screen applications, can an option be added for it to detect when a full screen application is on a monitor and automatically gather the windows to the other monitor?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register