Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[DONE] equivalent (or better) functionality of desktopOK application » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 6218

Bogdan Lipski

Posted: 08/11/2010 14:55:34

Hey,

as I see you are bringing more and more functionality to AWM (btw. enormous thanks for the multimonitor support!), there is still one function I am missing in terms of desktop customization. Basically if you are working with virtual desktops or remote sessions more than often happens that the monitor/screen you work with has different resolution than lets say...originally used. What happens next is that windows tries to rearrange the icons making absolute mess out of it.
In order to not be bothered with placing every single icon again and again I am using currently small tool called desktopOK:
http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Freeware/DesktopOK

but for me the tool more less falls into the same cathegory as AWM (desktop customization) and as I see you are going in this direction as well (expanding functionality of AWM beyond "window tricks") and it makes very little sense for me to have 2 tools dealing with more-less same area...

OK, in short: I think it would be great (1)if you could implement functionality to save the positions of icons on desktops and save them in some sort of profiles (like desktopOK) and (2)then if you can top that one by also adding automatic restore function (e.g. AWM recognizes the resolution I logged in with and restores icons from previously saved profile automatically) then that would be great.

Thx and take care,
B.

Bogdan Lipski

Posted: 08/11/2010 14:57:20

one more: manual and automatic restore should be selectable (in case automatic doesnt work for whatever reason)

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/26/2010 02:48:11

Bogdan,

Thank you for your request. BTW, did you try the Desktop Icons Manager?

Bogdan Lipski

Posted: 09/09/2010 02:37:40

didn't notice it before, thank you very much!  :D

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register