Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «6.1 beta prompt feature request » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 5519

Paul Genovese

Posted: 04/22/2010 17:22:30

The focus of the 6.1 beta seems to be enhancements for multiple monitor support.  As a multiple monitor user, I think that is great!  I have a related request for something I've long wished AT supported.

Currently AT has three sizing options for what to do with a window after moving it to the another monitor.  This is nice feature, especially when the other monitor is not the same resolution as the first.

Current options include:

Leave as is - no resizing after the move.

Keep aspect ratio - scale window in both dimensions.

Fit target monitor - resizes either, or both, dimensions of a window if they exceed the target monitor resolution.

I think a wonderful enhancement would be to offer the same "Resize windows automatically" as the start up sizing options.  That would offer options to have different controlled rules for width and height.

For example, I have 2 monitors, one at 1920x1200 and the other at 1680x1050.  I'd like to be able to define a resizing rule for when I send my browser to another monitor that always keeps the window at 1200 pixels wide x 100% of the height of the target monitor.  

The current options don't offer this ability.  Option 3 comes the closest to handling my example.  It works great when sending a window from the larger monitor to the smaller, but fails when sending it from the smaller monitor to the larger.

This would seem to be relatively easy to implement, and would tremendously enhance the flexibility for multiple monitor users.

Thanks for listening, and for the great product.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register