Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Windows7: Mirror icons Pinned to Taskbar » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 7149

Nicholas Barzel

Posted: 04/01/2010 07:37:42

Hello!
I just discovered Actual Multiple Monitors yesterday and I find it extremely well programmed and useful. Please don't ever become as slow and blunted as the WindowBlinds series!

I personally use the "mirror primary taskbar" option for the multi-minitor taskbar so that both my monitors ( a HDTV on the top for watching from afar and a standard monitor at the bottom for stuff that requires more concentration ) are both exactly the same desktop, i duplicated the toolbars I had at the bottom and copied the desktop icons too... BUT

I can not get the Windows7 (pin to the taskbar) icons to appear on my second monitor, so I make this a feature request.

I'm sure I'll buy the software right away, especially  if it gets implemented, even if I don't normally buy software. But I love the software you guys make and want to help you out =)

Thanks for reading.
-nbarzel

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/01/2010 18:36:29

Welcome, Nicholas!

Thank you for your kind words about our software.

We'll add the described ability to our next version of Actual Multiple Monitors.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Wayne Gibson

Posted: 05/22/2010 09:57:50

I would like this feature as well, however you can do something to help out a bit. You can enable quick launch again.

1.) Unlock your taskbar on your 2nd monitor.
2.) Right click on taskbar then go to Toolbar -> New Toolbar.
3.) In the FOLDER line of the popup window cut/paste (or type if you'd rather ...) this in

Code
%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

4.) You'll now see the "Quick Launch" Title on the far right of your taskbar.
5.) Left click on the dotted lines for the quick launch area and drag it left or right to adjust the number of icons you can see.
6.) If you want smaller sized icons, then right click an empty spot in the quick launch area and un-check "Show Text" and "Show Title".
NOTE: You can also right click in an empty area of your quick launch and select "View" -> "Small Icons"
7.) If you'd like to have the quick launch on the left of your taskbar then left click & hold on the dotted lines for the quick launch group and drag it left until it is directly next to your start button, then release the left mouse button.
NOTE: You may have to try this a few times as it sometimes expands your taskbar vertically. If you just try and drag in a straight horizontal line it should work.
8.) Lock your taskbar
9.) Save your Aero theme by right clicking on your Desktop and selecting "Personalize". In the personalize window click save theme and name your theme whatever you wish.

All done.  Not as good (IMHO) as pin to taskbar, but it is SOMETHING

I hope this helps!  8)

If you are not familiar with quick launch, then click Screenshot below to see example.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register