Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM's Title bar dessapears on Virtual Desktops , Excell 2007 files not going to all VIrtual Deskops on StartUP launch » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 11326

Andre Hofstatter

Posted: 03/15/2010 15:50:49

Hi guys,

Is there any problem or bug with AWM 5.4 using Virtual Desktop on Windows Vista32b ?

A) I do use 3 Virtual Desktops and noticed that mainly when I start/launch a program-startup (IE8, Windows Live Mail, Some Excel2007 files, Word2007 files, my working programs)are laucnhed the AWM Title bar desapears ps: in a few windows by ramdon the title bar is there.

B) I noticed as well that on some windows, mainly Excel 2007 files are not going cross "all desktops" they get only on ONE main virtual desktop even when they have it marked on the specific window. If I close the windows and doble click on the same Icons on the desktop... the same files will work normaly good on the 3 virtual desktops as requested on specific window. What can be done to make them work from inicial startup launch ?

C) Virtual Desktop Switcher desapears or jumps to monitor number2 sometimes. Any correction to stick it to original place ( monitor 1 ) ?

Thanks, Andre

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/16/2010 00:38:27

Andre,

Some bugs in Virtual Desktops feature of AWM 5.4 were fixed in version 6.0.
Issue B looks very much like one of them. Could you please install AWM version 6.0 (preferrably, in different folder, than 5.4), and check if this problem appear there?
Another way to check this would be to install Actual Virtual Desktops version 2.1 - in this case your current configuration of AWM would remain intact.

As for problem A, please post a screenshot of the missing title bar.

In which circumstances does problem C occur?

Andre Hofstatter

Posted: 03/20/2010 10:30:24

Hi Support,

I do use Windows Vista 32b...I bought and upgraded to version 6.0 and after several test the problems below still persists, summary:

A) IE8 = Internet Explorer 8 does not apply the specific windows settings rules at all.
     Is there any incopability with this program and AWM ?  if there is there already a fix ?

B) If go to Start buton-All Programs- Start UP and launch Excel2007 windows... they do not apply the Specific Windows Settings Rules, even the AWM 5.4 or 6.0 tittle bar will not grip, not show, not apply.  
  ps: if I double click on the Excel files's icons at Desktop the same windows will work normally as AWM requests.
   Other programs like Word2007, Calculator, Windows Live Mail, WordPad 2007, Snagit, 2 of mine personal working programs WORK NORMALLY, very well as AWM requests after launched toguether on All programs-Start UP.

Is there any bug with the patch : all programs-Start UP launch ?   if you are aware is there any fix ?

Test Process =
 1. I downloaded version 6.0 on same place, same path as version 5.4. tested and had  no changes.
 2. I downloaded version 6.0 again this time on Users/Andre/My documents and tested the above cases A and B... same problems happened.
 3. I tested again turning Virtual Desktops ON and OFF on cases 1 and 2 ...as result the same problems A and B repeted.
 4. I do not believe the problem B is NOT caused by Virtual Desktops due if a doble clik on the icons on the desktop all excell windows will open and obey the comands by the specific windows settings rules.
 5. I Did test the issue A and B with Windows7 and it's working totally fine, even launching from All programs-Start UP.
 6. Can you please try to replicate the same way how I do lunch Excel files to see if AWM will work on your side ?

Thank you for trying to help
Andre.

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/21/2010 23:16:44

Andre,

A. We are not aware of any incompatibilities with IE8.
I've just installed IE8 to a fresh installation of Vista, and tried to create a specific window rule for it. The rule applied just fine.

Do you start IE via a shortcut?

B. What do you mean by "Start buton - All Programs - Start UP"? Do you mean placed Excel 2007 in the Statup, so it auto-launches when you start Windows?
I've tried to reproduce this issue, but Excel 2007 was normally processed by AWM, and all the buttons appeared in it. I've tried both to auto-start Excel with Windows, and to start it manually from AllPrograms -> Startup.

Andre Hofstatter

Posted: 04/07/2010 14:42:55

Hi support,   :cry:

:?:
A) Internet explorer8 not applying specific settings  
B) Yes it is regarding AllPrograms -> Startup.
New case:
Not applying specific windows for = Word pad, Excel, Word 2007 ps: my excel are opening in a new/separate instance.
  These windows don't apply specific windows neither.

As I unchecked default settings the only thing the windows got is a spanner on the tittle bar.
  Please, please... as this situation is serious...could you please access my computer remotely and check really deep? I need to work with these windows and make money more efficiently.
Regards,
Andre.

As the zip configuration files is an incorrect file type I did send an e-mail to support@actualtools.com, please check on it.

Andre Hofstatter

Posted: 04/09/2010 11:41:16

Hi Tatiana,  :)

Thank you for be the first one to tell me that, it was all down to the way I used of Target Window... seems like many problems disappeared in IE8, Excell, and Word2007. I'm very happy with your guidance Tatiana.
 After reading and trying to Understand Target Windows link and the preference rank, very difficult by the way!  basically I selected/checked  the following criteria=

A) For new ( first time open/fresh) instances of IE8, Word or Excel without any feature options the TARGET WINDOW criteria got only unchecked = Window Caption ,  I got checked = Name, Windows Class and Program.
B) For pre specific set windows instances of IE8, Word or Excel with many feature options the TARGET WINDOW criteria got only unchecked = Program,  I got checked = Name, Window Class and and Window caption.

Conclusion = After I unchecked Window Caption and Program above the windows are obeying/ applying more normally. Although after reading the manual...I find Target Windows very complex,confusing for me to get good specific criteria results on windows control.

Please can you reanalyze the zip files attached with the previous one and  suggest  combinations criteria on the TARGET WINDOW  please for programs on Microsoft ( Office= is there a difference of Target Window settings beetwen them?), IE8, Calculator, Wordpad,  Windows life mail, outlook etc and private basic programs(applications) outside Microsoft ?

2. For example, should I always use Substring match instead Exact match on point B above for specific settings with many feature options on each same program like Excel2007 or Word?

3. Is there a Video or other method to learn more about how to choose criteria combination on TARGET WINDOW, how to select specific combinations and ( how windows are affected)consequences on different circumstances?  Is there a support phone number that I could phone in ?

Good  Regards,

Andre Hofstatter.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register