Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Someone post the defaul settings, pls? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5315

Raul Teleki

Posted: 03/10/2010 16:29:28

Can someone please post the default settings .ini? I could not restore default settings from the right click menu.. i dont know why.

windows xp X64
AWM v 6.0

I think your soft is very useful, i've been trying to combine it's utility with some 3D programs and got some really good results, but after a while of setting and resetting some transparency options it started to be a bit unstable so i uninstalled a couple of times hoping that a new install would resotre the default settings, I searched and deleted all the AWM related files on my pc. I searched the registry, but nothing. I was dissapointed to find my previous transparency and customizations there after i installed a fresh copy.

I will post a video soon about the issues i am having.

Thank you!

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/10/2010 19:42:07

Raul,

The default settings are stored in the installation folder of AWM, if you haven't changed or deleted them of course.

The first time AWM starts, it copies the settings files to your profile (to be more specific, to %appdata%\Actual Tools\Actual Window Manager folder).
The simplest way to reset your settings to the default, is to unload AWM, remove all the files from %appdata%\Actual Tools\Actual Window Manager, and then to start AWM again. In this case, AWM will copy the settings from its installation folder to your profile once again.

If you have changed or accidentally removed the default settings files from the installation folder of AWM, then to restore them you'll need to uninstall AWM, remove all the files from C:\Program Files\Actual Window Manager folder, and then re-install AWM.

Please let us know, if you need any additional info, or if these steps won't help you restore the default settings.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register