Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Send configuration e-mail error box , Error box » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5641

Andre Hofstatter

Posted: 03/09/2010 14:48:40

Each time I try to send you a configuration e-mail I get this error message in a box :

Configuration files sending error

X      The following error occured when sending files: MAPI handler not installed    Would you like to save the configuration file and send it manually ?   yes or no  

How can I fix this problem ? my version= 5.4

:oops:

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/10/2010 19:33:07

Andre,

This error appears if no e-mail software is installed in your system (which is a default situation in Windows 7).
We are thinking about completely removing this error message, since in Windows 7 this isn't an actual error.

If you'd like to send us your config files, then you should choose Yes in this message box, and then a Save File dialog will appear, allowing to save an archive with the config files. After this, you can simply send this archive from the web-interface of your e-mail service.

Andre Hofstatter

Posted: 03/11/2010 13:46:29

Hi Alexander

I checked my system : Windows Vista32b I do not have Windows7...  and my mail = Windows Live Mail was installed already as default mail server yes. Anyway on (Control panel-Programs-Default -Set your default programs-Windows Live Mail- Set this program as default- restarted the computer)  I reconfigured it as default mail server and AWM 5.4 popped up the same error message again.  

ps: Windows Life Mail is associated for a program on A) E-mail Messages extension .eml  B) Contact File extension .vcf  C) MailTo Protocol  protocol MAILTO. D) Start menu link  E-mail link.

Alexander, do I need to tell AWM 5.4 what is my Windows Vista default mail server ?  if not what could be done please to fix it? it used to work about 4 months ago, I do remember it working.
  Regards,   Andre H.

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/11/2010 19:18:10

Andre,

AWM should automatically detect the default email software, if the emailer is installed and configured correctly.

Since this feature worked correctly 4 month ago, there's possibly some kind of compatibility issue. Perhaps, you have installed some 3rd party software, which messed up with the emailer configuration.

To help us reproduce your problem, please run the following four commands from Start\Run... (the same dialog can be called by pressing Win+R keys combination):
Code
reg export hklm\software\clients\mail %temp%\hklm_mail.txt

Code
reg export hkcu\software\clients\mail %temp%\hkcu_mail.txt

Code
reg export "hkcu\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem" %temp%\hkcu_wms.txt

and
Code
reg export "hklm\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem" %temp%\hklm_wms.txt

After this, please open %temp% folder, and send the files hklm_mail.txt, hkcu_mail.txt, hkcu_wms.txt and hklm_wms.txt (please not that some files can be missing) to support@actualtools.com.

Andre Hofstatter

Posted: 03/15/2010 14:45:25

Hello Alexander,

I just sent the e-mail you asked for to support.

Please see attached the files I got, I did run all 4 codes but only got 3 files on temp, thanks for saying that 1 file could be missing= hkcu_wms is not there.

Thanks
Andre.

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/16/2010 00:28:41

Andre,

Thanks for the files!
We'll improve the emailer detection scheme based on the info you've provided. It will be available in the next version of our products.

Meanwhile, if you need to send your config files, please do it manually (responding Yes in the "MAPI handler not installed" error dialog).

To try to fix the problem, please try to open Default programs in the Control panel, and then open Set Program Access and Computer Defaults item. Please try to re-select Windows Live Mail in the Custom configuration (if it's possible), and make sure the checkbox near it is checked.

Andre Hofstatter

Posted: 03/21/2010 12:45:23

Hello Alexander,

Just to confirm that I did the last attempt you asked for and the error message persists.
 I did upgrade AWM version 5.4 to 6.0 and the message error still persists.

:) I'll happily wait for the new update, thanks.

I do love your software,
Andre.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register