Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM 6.0 and Excel 2002 on XP , More secondary task bar glitches » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6665

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 02/26/2010 04:42:12

I'm developing an app in Excel which has a custom form, and I tend to have the main spreadsheet open on monitor 1 and the custom form on monitor 2 so I can work with both. I've noticed that the excel taskbar icon bounces back and forth between the primary and secondary taskbars depending on whether the main sheet or the custom form has the focus. I can see why AWM might consider excel to have moved, but to be honest it would be better if the taskbar icon just followed the main window, not child windows.

In addition, Excel does a strange thing when it is configured to give each open workbook window a taskbar icon of its own (Tools->Options->View->Windows in taskbar), in that it puts a main app icon and then an icon for each workbook window on the main taskbar. But when they jump to the secondary taskbar, only the workbook icons move over. The main app icon sometimes stays on the primary taskbar and sometimes disappears.

Sorry for the long winded post - much easier to see it happening that describe it succinctly!

Cheers,

David.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register