Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM 6.0, Lotus Notes 7.0.2 and XMouse , Can AWM stop Notes and XMouse arguing? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5773

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 02/22/2010 04:20:41

Well, I haven't been able to solve it myself I'm afraid, so here I am asking for help again :oops:

I think XMouse is invaluable, with focus follows pointer being my only way of working quickly with multiple windows. However, certain 'non-standard' apps really don't live well with this, and Notes is a great example. It seems that whenever Notes senses it has got focus, it automatically raises itself to the top of the stack, obscuring any other windows I might have been working with.

I haven't found a setting in AWM yet, but I'm wondering whether it could prevent windows altering their stack position unless, for example, the title bar is clicked on...

Here's hoping!

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 02/22/2010 04:21:52

:evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Aaaargh! This time, I remembered to click 'Subscribe', but then hit View to double-check my post before submitting. And guess what? 'Subscribe' was magically unticked!

Oh well - its pushing my post count up :)

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/24/2010 02:15:53

Dear David,

We'll investigate the issue.

To subscribe for a topic, just open the topic and press the link this topic on the forum navigate menu on the top of the page. (Subscribe for: this topic)

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 02/24/2010 07:26:38

Ah yes - I'm so used to looking for the check box at the bottom when creating a post, I hadn't noticed the links at the top!  :oops:

Thanks,

Dave.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 07/28/2010 05:22:47

Just upgraded to AWM 6.2b2, and the 'Ignore Deactivation' seems to help with the Notes bringing itself to the top of the window stack - at least so far in my limited testing. But I can't find a way of applying that as a rule, or even sending CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+I as a keyboard macro when Notes starts - I have to do it by hand. Could I make a plea to have this setting as a startup rule in the next version?

Thanks,

David.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 07/28/2010 05:47:29

Hmmm. Spoke too soon. Using 'Ignore Deactivation' does cause other problems within Notes itself. For example, when you double-click on an attachment in an email in Notes, it pops up a dialogue box with some options (such as Save, View, Open, etc.). But with Notes ignoring deactivation, the dialogue box never gets the focus - the most serious consequence of which is that there's no way to close the dialogue box. So you end up moving it around trying to find a bit of screen where it won't get in the way.

A quick press of the Ignore Deactivation hotkey gets things sorted again, but its obviously not a permanent solution to the Notes focus issue. A fairly good workaround though if I can remember not to double click on any more attachments!

Cheers,

Dave.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register