Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Actual Transparent Window Question , ATW Question » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 9296

Posted: 01/31/2006 00:46:22

Hello, I am trying your product out, and I can honestly say I am really enjoying it. I am looking foward to purchasing "Actual Transparent Windows" Except for one minor problem. I cannot seem to get the Start Menu to go transparent. I am operating on Windows XP PRO. I want it so when I click the START Menu (Programs, Documents, Settings, Search, Help and Support, Run, Shutdown...) That is all transparent by 80%. Got a solution?

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 01/31/2006 06:51:52

You just need to create a Window Rule for Start Menu (or enable the existing if it is) using window class value (it must be DV2ControlHost) from corresponding Excluded Windows item . Then disable this item in Excluded Windows or even remove it. Then set the desired transparency level in above-mentioned just created Window Rule and save the configuration.

Posted: 02/02/2006 14:39:22

Is there an English version of accomplishing this task?

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 02/03/2006 03:04:25

Please, refer to Actual Transparent Window Help's "User Interface" section to gain a better understanding of how to configure the program.

After that, if any questions remain - please, ask.

Posted: 02/05/2006 23:11:09

That's why I asked, because the 'user friendly' help interface panel didn't explain well enough, sorry.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 02/13/2006 06:56:00

Well, let's try the step-by-step explanation:

1. Check Excluded Windows list if there exists an item (also called "window rule") named "Windows XP Start Menu" or something like that.

2. If there is a one then disable it (just mark a checkbox on the left of its name).

3. Check Window Rules list for an item with the same name as in 1.

4. If it's present then adjust its transparency options as you want and save the configuration (Main Menu/"File"/"Save").

5. Otherwise, add a new item (Main Menu/"Window Rules"/"Add Window Rule"), name it like in 1 or as you want, then mark a checkbox near with "Window class" label and type in near field the following string: DV2ControlHost. You just made a "window rule" for XP Start Menu. Now you may adjust its transparency options and then save the configuration to take effect.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register