Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM and Windows 7 64bit question , Not working with elevated programs » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4592

Maess Oliver

Posted: 11/28/2009 04:10:53

I am using AWM under Windows 7 64bit. Whenever a program is started with admin rights (option checked in shortcut properties), I can not get AWM to work with that program. It does not matter, what options are used under the "Target Window" section and can be reproduced with any program. Any idea how to resolve that issue, or is it a bug ?

Just wanted to add, that AWM indeed works, when unchecking the admin rights option in the shortcut.

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/29/2009 00:49:41

Maess, this is not a bug. This is how the system security works in Vista/Seven - a lower-privileged application cannot watch for an higher-privileged one.

To make AWM work with application started as admin, you 'll need to start AWM itself with admin's rights. In this case, AWM will correctly work with both admin, and low-privileged applications.
The only limitation is AWM cannot be auto-started with admin rights (i.e. with help of "Load at startup" option). You'll need to manually start AWM either with Run as admin, or by enabling Run as admin in Compatibility options of AWM's shortcut.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register