Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Windows Class Issues , Windows Transparent Client » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6622

Timothy E. Johnson

Posted: 11/12/2009 18:30:20

At work we have Citrix MetaFrame terminal emulation.  The ICA Client appears in the Target Window as Windows Class "Windows Transparent Client."  I'm able to select the target window when it is open; however, none of the settings I configure will take.  There are no Tile Buttons at the top of the window.  The client is set to seamless.  I suspect that is why AWM can't assimilate it.  Is there a workaround for this?  Can a terminal emulation window be manipulated by AWM?  If so, how should it (the terminal emulation window) be configured?

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 11/13/2009 01:42:18

It's very likely that the subject application runs under different credentials than AWM. Please open Windows Task Manager, switch to its "Processes" tab and check which "User Name" is assigned to AWM process and to ICA Client process - they should be the same for successfuly applying of AWM settings to ICA Client window (please make sure that "User Name" column is selected for the list of running processes in the "View -> Select Columns..." dialog).

bob smith

Posted: 10/07/2010 12:20:58

I am seeing the same issues connecting to Citrix XenApp applications.  The user name matches the username that awm is running under.  Any other ideas?

This does work w/other multi-mon tools that are available.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 10/07/2010 20:51:32

Bob, thank you for the update.

Please, could you turn on the logging and view in the Log window which settings are applied (or not applied) to required Citrix applications?

Thank you!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register