Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Transparency on inactive problem » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 11674

Frank Gerrits

Posted: 11/05/2009 06:30:53

I am running Windows 7.
I have AWM configured (in the default settings) so that inactive windows are shown with 30% transparency. There are a few problems:
- Sometimes the window that is made active remains transparent. I have not yet figured out in exactly which situations this happens.
- Some 'sub' windows appear transparent when they should not. This is the case with the listbox shown if something is typed in the adress bar in Internet Explorer 8. The listbox shown in the Google Toolbar when typing a search string has the same problem. Both list boxes appear transparent which makes them hard to read. IE itself remains opaque.
- If I select a tab page in Internet Explorer from the taskbar thumbnails it remains transparent initially. If I then click on it it is shown correctly.

SibKhatru

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/09/2009 07:31:31

Dear Frank,

Thank you for your information.

Please, try to find a regularity of the first problem reproducing. We fail to reproduce this situation on our test machine.

To solve the second problem, create exclusion for DUIListViewHost class.

Third problem is confirmed. We'll investigate it. And I'll let you know about results.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Frank Gerrits

Posted: 11/09/2009 12:53:15

Hi Tatiana,

Thanks for the reply.

I still have not been able to find how the first problem can be reproduced. As soon as I do, it is probably easier to create a new topic.

Regarding the second problem: the exclusion works for the history listbox of the address bar of IE8, but not for the history listbox of the Google toolbar. And also not for the sub windows that are shown when hoovering over the buttons on the RoboForm toolbar (see www.roboform.com). Probably more examples can be found, it would be a hard task to add exclusions for all of them. Is there a way to track down the window class of such windows? The window selector in AWM does not work, as the sub windows of the toolbars collapse when I try to use it.
And I also discovered a problem that is more or less the opposite: in MS Word 2007, if you open a context menu (right click anywhere in the document), then the main window of Word is made transparent, and only the context menu itself is shown 'normal'.

Frank

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/12/2009 01:25:51

Dear Frank,

To exclude RoboForm windows, use #32770 class. For Google drop-menu  - ATL:69CC9BE8 class.

You can find the name of class for any windows using Log Window.

Unfortunately, no way to exclude all these windows with help of one rule.

You can info us all such window classes. And we'll exclude them.

Frank Gerrits

Posted: 11/17/2009 07:12:37

Hi Tatiana,

That works, but not for the situation in which the main window goes transparent when a dialog or context menu is shown. That is, I can exclude the main window, but then it also not gets transparent when it is inactive.

Frank

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/17/2009 07:49:25

Oh, Frank, sorry I forget to write. The situation with MS Office 2007 applications is non-standard.The Search box and the right-click menu have got other parent window (hidden windows) different from the one you see. Therefore if you activate, for example, right-click menu that mean you activate other window then your Word document.

Unfortunately, we can't do anything with this situation now.

Frank Gerrits

Posted: 11/26/2009 03:14:48

Hi Tatiana,

It would be nice if a feature like 'transparancy-on-inactive' could work on a process instead of a window. So that if MS Office Word is running and a 'sub' window is opened (belonging to the same process) the transparency-on-inactive is skipped. Only when the whole process of Word is made inactive by activating another top-level process (or the desktop) it should go transparent.

Any chance of adding such a feature to AWM? It would/should not have to stop with transparency, it could work for other settings like minimizing or rollup.

Regards,
Frank

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 12/10/2009 12:47:15

Frank, if it's possible then please check with the just released beta 4 whether your request is still actual or not. Thanks!

Frank Gerrits

Posted: 12/15/2009 06:39:14

Hi Alex,

Beta 4 fixed a lot of the problems. But some remain:
If you select some text in Word, and then hoover over it you see a context sensitive toolbar, which is transparent until you put the mouse cursor over it. So far so good. But if you select a 'sub' menu from that toolbar (f.i. the small down arrow next to the 'bullets' button), the main window of Word is made transparent again.

And I still have problems with the new Win7 taskbar feature when transparency-on-inactive in AWM is set. See the third problem mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Thanks for the beta, though, a lot of progress in one go!

Frank

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register