Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM crashes at vista boot, but still seems to run » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6344

brad g

Posted: 08/22/2009 18:25:46

running vista64 (updated), on a two monitor system.
on is an lg pc monitor, the other a denon avr-3808 to my sharp tv.
i use awm primarly to set different wallpapers per monitor, and the get xbmc to run on my secondary monitor (the denon). xbmc in fullscreen mode always runs on the primary screen, awm helped me change tat  :D

so anyways, vista boots, the desktop appears, and all the background processes and startup stuff starts to happen. not every single boot, but most, i get an error saying awm has crashed. so something is going amiss, the weird part is, awm still appears to be running. taskbar icon is still there and working, awm processes still work (xbmc still loads properly on the secondary screen).

one other thing i've noticed, that i havn't narrowed down to awm specifically, though it's probably the culprit in some manor. when i come back to the pc after a while and turn the screens on, sometimes xbmc is running half on one screen, half on the other.  (the system runs full time, no sleep, hiberbation or any of that, i just shut the screens off). this could be xbmc, but more likly awm as it is responsible for forcing xbmc to rull on the secondary monitor. could also be the two conflicting in some way.

any help on either problem, even just to help narrow down a cause would be much appriciated.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/25/2009 01:37:52

Dear Brad,

Thank you for your report.

Couldn't you send to us the screenshot of the error message?

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register