Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Should not switch Virtual Desktops » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6066

Jackson Allen

Posted: 08/02/2009 22:26:28

I am running the Roboform application which is started at boot time I assume in Virtual Desktop 1. It stays in the taskbar try. If I am in Virtual Desktop 2 and right click on the Roboform Icon in the taskbar try, it automatically switches to Virtual Desktop 1. When I look at the AWM Log window I see an entry with the following information:
Event: VDActivated
Rule/Exclusion Name: Desktop 1

The background color is yellow. I could not find any documentation on the meaning of yellow.

I would think it should not switch Virtual Desktops.

Jack Allen

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/02/2009 23:51:57

Dear Jack,

To solve the problem try to
1. create the specific rule for Program: \robotaskbaricon.exe (Unmark the Window Class and Window caption check boxes)
2. Go to the Startup property sheet of just created settings.
3. Mark the check box of the  Move to virtual desktop item n the Actions Available at Window Startup list box.
4. Mark the All desktops radio button in the Action Options group.
5. Apply your adjustments.  

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Jackson Allen

Posted: 08/03/2009 09:09:34

I had done that and it did not help which is the reason I wrote the post. I probably should have stated that in the first post. I would see the entries in blue for Roboform and then the yellow entry.

I tried this again, but this time I suspended AWM and then unloaded and loaded AWM. That causes another problem on Vista. Explorer stops responding and has to be restarted. I think this is a bug itself. But then the first problem is eliminated.

I thought the idea was to be able to add and remove rules without having to stop and start AMW.

You did not explain the yellow entries or point me to any documentations that explained them. They seem to be built in rules.

Jack Allen

Jackson Allen

Posted: 08/05/2009 15:44:09

I would still like to know more information about the entries in yellow which appear to be built in and are logged when something causes the Virtual Desktop to switch other than by Hot Key or Switcher.

Jack Allen

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/07/2009 00:02:34

Dear Jack,

Please, read here about the yellow row.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Jackson Allen

Posted: 08/07/2009 15:33:54

That must be some updated documentation. When you select help and then search for log, the basic same information is shown, but without the yellow description.

Jack Allen

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register