Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Title buttons disappearing » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8845

Jonathan Woodward

Posted: 07/20/2009 11:49:30

I seem to have an issue with the title buttons from Actual Window Manager v5.4 briefly disappearing upon opening explorer windows on Vista Ultimate, SP2.  For example, when opening "my computer" window, the title buttons are barely visible behind the window border. However, when the window is moved, the buttons appear again, seemingly to have moved on top of the translucent border.  Has anyone else experienced the issue and know of a solution?

I have VistaGlazz v1.2 installed, the msstyle theme has been patched, and the default aero theme has been modified to show transparent border when windows are maximized adn wonder if there is an incompatibility with AWM and VistaGlazz.  I also have Qttabbar v1.2 installed but disabling does not resolve the problem.

Thanks for help in advance.  

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 07/21/2009 05:07:56

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you very much for your help. THe problem is confirmed. We'll try to fix it.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Jonathan Woodward

Posted: 07/26/2009 16:14:32

Thank you for investigating this issue.  Is the problem from VistaGlazz, the patched mssstyle file, Qttab bar or some combination of the three?  

I myself have tried to isolate the sourse of the problem.  It seems that installing actual window manager after using VistaGlazz to patch the style file for maximized titlebar transparency causes instability in windows explorer as well.  When I start the computer while actual window manage r loading, exlorer hangs and crashes, but thereafter seems to run ok but the titlebar buttons are still hidden behind the window until moved.  Disabling AWM seems to restore compatibility in explorer.

Thanks for your help.  

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/03/2009 00:24:52

Dear Jonathan,

We reproduced problem without installed VistaGlazz. Therefore we are thinking that it isn't a reason of the problem.

We changed the installation files for Actual window Manager. Please, try out this version. You can download it here.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Jonathan Woodward

Posted: 08/07/2009 10:31:09

Tatiana Jack

The new installer for Actual Window Manager seems to work much better now.  Not only are the title bar buttons visible when opening explorer windows (and not hidden behind the translucent border) but the instability experienced by explorer upon booting has largely disappeared.  

There have still been a few instances, after booting windows, where explorer would not respond, crash, and restart while loading the AWM, but much less so now.

Thanks, Jon

Jackson Allen

Posted: 08/07/2009 15:40:56

I too have seen explorer crash at boot time. I have also had it happen if I change a configuration option. It happens after I click on the save button. Which from looking at the AWM log file, all active windows and many background process log entries. I would assume because AWM has to update all them. But I would not expect explorer to lock up because of this.

Jack Allen

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register