Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «newbie problems with transparency options » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7937

Cruzz

Posted: 02/28/2009 15:11:29

Hello, first I would like to thank you for this great software. I discovered it today morning and it really looks great. I would appreciate some tips and tricks for setting window transparency and I have some minor problems.
I am running Win XP Prof. with SP2, latest graphical driver (Radeon HD3850, Intel Core2Duo, etc.). If I enable transparency option for MS Word or Mozilla FireFox and use mouse right click somewhere to open fast menu with options, first the picture in my Windows XP background (wallpaper) quickly blinks and then it opens the menu. It is really fast, I cannot make screenshot of it, but I can see it and it is quite annoying. Is it due to high demands of transparency option on graphic card (or processor)? I also tried to enable/disable smooth transparent option in Window Manager, but it had no effect. Also if I open some file manager (Total Commander etc.), first it shows main frame of Total Commander with fast blinks of several black squares and then it opens standard Total Commander window.
Second problem is with MS Office and transparency - if I use right click, it makes the main window of MS Word (for example) inactive and it turns it transparent. Is there some way to disable this? I would like to make MS Word transparent but not during right clicking in the documents. I tried to make a screenshot here User added an image
If I run some video with Media Player (the same problem is with Media Player Classic as well) and make the window inactive - it turns transparent, but video screen turns black with no bideo running, and if I make it active again, it starts doing some mess and I have to close the media player and open it again, otherwise there remains only black screen with no video. Thank you for your tips.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/02/2009 02:50:10

Dear Cruzz,

Couldn't you to describe your problem with WS Word and Mozilla Firefox step by step?

And please send to us your ATW configuration files (via File->Send Configuration->Send to the Tech Support).

About problem with Media Player you can read here. We recommend you to exclude this window. (Right-click desired window's title bar to call its system window menu
and in the appeared menu select the "Actual Transparent Window  -> Exclude this window" command  )

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Cruzz

Posted: 03/03/2009 03:41:46

Hello,
1. step - transparency options set for Fire Fox:
While inactive - transparency 50%
While moving - transparency 25%
While mouse-hovering - transparency 10% (this option has no effect on my problem)
2. step - open Fire Fox and use mouse right-click anywhere in Fire Fox
3. step - very fast after right click (before the menu shows) blinks the Win XP wallpaper, and after that opens this menu. It blinks very fast (just 1/2 sec), but I can see it and fins it very annoying. The same problem with MS Office. I was able to make a screenshot:User added an image
I tried running Actual Window Manager at 2 PCs with different graphical cards and systems, the same problem appeared on both of them.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/03/2009 05:19:01

Dear Cruzz,

The issue in your message is a effect of the Windows. When you right click on window you crate a no-transparency window (menu) and Windows shows a area under the window (menu).

Unfortunately, we can't remove this defect.  

Cruzz

Posted: 03/03/2009 05:28:22

Thank you for your answer. Is this defect same in all MS OS? Like XP, Vista, Win 7? I tried your SW only in Win XP. Thank you.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/03/2009 05:40:10

Unfortunately, yes it is.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search