Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «A few different bugs / problems: , Top: Changes in <Default Settings> overwrite settings in <Specific Settings>! » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 303

Martin Weber

Posted: 02/08/2024 05:14:45

Hello!

A few different bugs / problems:

1) Changes in <Default Settings> overwrite settings in <Specific Settings>! until I figured this out, it kept causing confusion. If this is intended, specific settings have to be reset every time default settings are changed!

Suggestion: option to select whether and which profiles in the specific settings are also changed when default settings are changed.

2) Sometimes changed settings only become active after restarting a program.

3) When double-clicking on the window frame of a window, it is enlarged to the edge of the second monitor. Suggestion: Option to limit the enlargement to the edge of the active monitor.

4) IrfanView (4.66, 64-bit): If <Specific Settings> is activated, the toolbar is not visible when the program is started and only appears when the window is resized.

EDIT:
Actual Windows Manager 8.15
Windows 10 22H2 Build 19054.3930

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/04/2024 13:22:45

Hello, Martin

Thank you for contacting us.

1) Changes in <Default Settings> overwrite settings in <Specific Settings>! until I figured this out, it kept causing confusion. If this is intended, specific settings have to be reset every time default settings are changed!
Yes, this is by design. Changes in Default Settings also change respective options in specific settings only if they have the same values. We'll consider adding the option to change this behavior. For now I recommend you to adjust Default Settings first and then change Specific Settings if needed.

2) Sometimes changed settings only become active after restarting a program.
Could you describe the problem more detailed? What are the settings in question and what applications you've noticed the problem with?

3) When double-clicking on the window frame of a window, it is enlarged to the edge of the second monitor. Suggestion: Option to limit the enlargement to the edge of the active monitor.
Could you describe the problem more detailed? Were you talking about the mouse action "Maximize to desktop"?

Could you send us your Actual Window Manager configuration files again using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic in the email.

4) IrfanView (4.66, 64-bit): If <Specific Settings> is activated, the toolbar is not visible when the program is started and only appears when the window is resized.
I was unable to reproduce the problem. What exactly toolbar did you mean? I will try to reproduce it again using your new configuration files once you send them.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register