Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Problem with program Don't Sleep , Upper left corner of the screen not responsive » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 435

Martin Weber

Posted: 02/07/2024 20:12:46

Hello!

I do have a problem with the tool Don't Sleep.

After the program is started, the upper left corner of the primary screen is no longer responsive and a copy of the title buttons of the main window appears there.

Attempts to solve the problem via individual settings did not work.

I found out that a small invisible second window appears there, which overlays all other applications. This cannot be set individually. (I made the window visible via the individual settings at startup > transparency 0%).

After a lot of trial and error, I was able to work around the problem by setting Don't Sleep to "always on top: never + fix" and turning off the title buttons. I then also have to activate another window, because unfortunately sending to the background does not work (for the little window).

Is it possible to solve this problem?

I am currently testing Displayfusion, which unfortunately has some other drawbacks, but this problem does not occur there (I only mention this because it may help to solve the problem).

Kind regards!

Actual Multiple Monitors 8.15
Windows 10 | 21H2/22H2 | 64-bit

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/09/2024 05:13:11

Hello, Martin

I was unable to reproduce the problem with Don't Sleep. I will try reproducing it again once you send us your configuration files.

What version of Don't Sleep you're running?

Does the problem depend on whether the Don't Sleep window is on the desktop or it's minimized to tray or hidden?

I made the window visible via the individual settings at startup > transparency 0%
Where exactly you used this option? Actual Multiple Monitors doesn't provide the feature.

Best regards.

Martin Weber

Posted: 02/09/2024 06:22:21

Thank you for your reply!

I'm sorry, I made a mistake:

Actual Windows Manager 8.15
Windows 10 22H2 Build 19054.3930

Don't Sleep 9.47 (and previously older versions)

I now have another (small) problem: when i right-click on the tray menu of don't sleep, it does not appear above the tray icon, but where the dont'sleep window is in the non-minimized state.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/02/2024 11:42:59

Martin,

I was able to reproduce both problems. We'll try to fix them and will post here when they're fixed.

After the program is started, the upper left corner of the primary screen is no longer responsive and a copy of the title buttons of the main window appears there.
What happens is the Don't Sleep additional transparent window is moved from beyond the desktop borders to the top-left corner of the desktop. This problem happens if there are some enabled settings (Default Settings or Specific Settigns) that can be applied to this window (it has the same parameters as the settings window of Don't Sleep) AND if the option "Keep layout automatically" is enabled in the settings of AWM (Configuration module > Layout and Snap > Windows Layout > Keep layout automatically). Unfortunately, creating an exclusion doesn't solve the problem in this case. Please try disabling the option "Keep layout automatically" and see whether disabling it has any negative effects on the windows in your system. If it doesn't I think you can use this as workaround.

I now have another (small) problem: when i right-click on the tray menu of don't sleep, it does not appear above the tray icon, but where the dont'sleep window is in the non-minimized state.
This problem happens if the option "Activate window on mouse hover" is enabled in AWM (Configuration module > Mouse > Options > Activate window on mouse hover). Unfortunately, there is no other workaround for this than to disable the option.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register