Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Actual Window Manager v8.15 Recent Folders entries not detected , Folders are no longer added to “Recent Folders” dropdown list » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 774

JustinCase

Posted: 10/30/2023 03:42:29

Recently visited folders in BETA versions of Directory Opus v13 no longer get added to the Actual Window Manager v8.15.0 Recent Folders drop-down list. Visited folders in Windows Explorer also don't get added to the Recent Folders list.

If I open a folder in Windows Explorer, then click on the path bar and copy the path to the clipboard, this does add visited folders to the Recent Folders drop-down list.

Directory Opus 13.0.42 (Beta) Build 8700 x64

technoid

Posted: 11/02/2023 08:44:18

Maybe the RecentFolders.ini is corrupt. Try the following:

Exit AWM
Rename the file RecentFolders.ini for example to _RecentFolders.ini (path: C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Actual Tools\Actual Window Manager)
Start AWM

This will automatically create a new RecentFolders.ini, which of course will no longer contain any of your previous entries. If it works again, the old file was corrupt. If not, you can delete the current RecentFolders.ini and rename the _RecentFolders.ini back.

It's easier if you just press the "Clear History" button, but then of course you don't have a backup of RecentFolders.ini in case the new one didn't solve the problem.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/13/2023 08:41:36

Hello, everyone

JustinCase,

I was unable to reproduce the problem with Windows Explorer. As for Directory Opus v13 - I was unable to get beta version yet. The "Recent Folders" feature works correctly with Directory Opus v12.

If I open a folder in Windows Explorer, then click on the path bar and copy the path to the clipboard, this does add visited folders to the Recent Folders drop-down list.
Could you see whether a folder appears in the list if you don't copy the path but simply open the Recent Folders menu first time, then click to the title bar to close it and open the menu again?

Could you send us your Actual Window Manager configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register