Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «When AWM loads for the first time, a DOS window is displayed... » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5589

Matt Rasmussen
Advanced user

Posted: 12/30/2008 10:33:21

Whenever AWM launches for the first time, either automatically on startup, or, if I launch it manually after startup, the program C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apntex.exe shows its DOS window.  The Window class is ConsoleWindowClass.  I've tried adding both the program and window calss as an exclusion but it still happens.

Not a HUGE deal, but a minor annoyance that I was wondering if there was a solution for.

This is a Windows XP SP3 machine, and the APNTEX.exe is associated with the ALPS pointer driver (the mousepad on my laptop).

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/06/2009 01:36:29

Dear Matt,

Please, try to turn off Virtual Desktops (Configuration(Win+C)->Actions->Options->Virtual Desktops-> deactivate function "Enable Virtual Desktops") and reproduce this situation.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Matt Rasmussen
Advanced user

Posted: 01/07/2009 17:41:01

Tatiana Jack wrote:
Dear Matt,

Please, try to turn off Virtual Desktops (Configuration(Win+C)->Actions->Options->Virtual Desktops-> deactivate function "Enable Virtual Desktops") and reproduce this situation.

Hi Tatiana,

I did try your method and it did keep the DOS window from showing up on the next reboot.  But unfortunately, I need to use virtual desktops so I enabled it again.  After that I did reboot again and the DOS window was back again.

I also noticed when I disabled virtual desktops, and then re-enabled them without rebooting, the desktop notifier text did not display when you changed desktops.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/08/2009 05:12:21

Hello Matt,

Thanks that you help to us find a reason this situation. We'll try to fix this problem.

Workaround of this problem:
1. Create specific settings for the DOS window.
2. Go to the Minimizing property sheet of just created settings.
3. Mark the “At startup” to check box.
4. Mark the Tray radio button in the Minimization Mode group.
5. Mark the No icon radio button in the Tray Icon Options group.
6. Apply your adjustments.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register