Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «certan programs go blank when switching desktops on primary monitor , certan programs go blank when switching desktops on primary monitor » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 911

Roy Hanna

Posted: 10/03/2023 22:52:13

Hi all

Been using the full suite for about two years.
I have v8.15 on Windows 10.
I have a three monitor setup with the primary monitor in the middle.

The issue I have is with a program called Mobaxterm.
The main area of its window will go blank if I'm running it on a secondary monitor AND I change virtual desktops on my primary monitor.
It's annoying but my workaround is to just use it on my primary monitor.

However I tried the new MS Teams client today and it does the same thing. The old Teams client does not.
I run teams strictly on my secondary monitor, so the above workaround is not an option.

I can change virtual desktops on my other secondary monitor with no problem.

I suspect the old Teams app was an Electron app, and the new one is the Edge version of Electron (PWA?).
I thought Mobaxterm was a native app since it is Windows only, but I honestly don't know.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with Actual or something with how Teams and Mobaxterm are doing things.
If I have to open tickets with them, it'd be nice to be armed with any information you can provide.

I've included screenshots for Mobaxterm. As you can see only part of the window goes blank,
whereas with the new Teams, the entire window goes bright white blank.

User added an image

User added an image

Thanks guys.

Roy

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/08/2023 17:12:29

Hello, Roy

Thank you for contacting us.

I was able to reproduce the problem with MobaXterm and unfortunately for now I wasn't able to find a better workaround than the one you already use. But I've noticed that if you keep the terminal tab inactive when switching the virtual desktops (for example if the Home tab is selected or other terminal tab) then it doesn't become blank when you activate it after you switch the desktop.

We'll try to fix the problem and will post here when it's fixed.

As for Teams - I was unable to reproduce the problem. What exactly area of Teams becomes blank? Screenshot for the problem with Teams also would be helpful.

What exactly version of Teams are you running?

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/08/2023 18:02:06

Also, if you didn't enable the option "Support the system utilities..." when installing Actual Window Manager you can start MobaXterm in the "Run as administartor" mode - in this case the window will be ignored by AWM completely and the problem won't happen, but the window will persist in all virtual desktops. Probably this will work for Teams too.

If the option was enabled you can reinstall AWM right over your current installation and change the "Support the system utilities..." option. Your other settings won't be changed. But please note that if you run some applications with elevated rights they won't be affected after you disable the option.

Roy Hanna

Posted: 10/11/2023 21:57:23

Thanks for verifying.

Teams version 1.6.00.xxxxxx works as desired, but it has a toggle in the upper left labelled "Try the new Teams".

After clicking that toggle the new version opens; see attached screenshot for version.

After that when changing desktops on the main window, the entire Teams window goes white which is jarring since I run dark mode.
No text, no borders, no scollbar, just the min, max & close symbols in the upper right corner with no background.
Note that the black border in the screenshot is just my desktop with no wallpaper.

Roy Hanna

Posted: 10/11/2023 21:59:20

Not sure how to attach multiple images, so here is the screenshot of the Teams window when affected.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/17/2023 06:19:38

Roy,

Unfortunately, the "New Teams" toggle is not available in the personal version of Teams, so for now I'm unable to reproduce the problem and look for possible workarounds.

Could you see whether the problem with Teams also happens if you place it to the main monitor, send the Teams window to all virtual desktops on this monitor and switch to other virtual desktops?

Roy Hanna

Posted: 10/18/2023 22:26:28

Good thinking.

Yes the problem persists when changing desktops on the main monitor after sending it to "All desktops".

See attached.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/24/2023 04:45:04

Roy,

Could you see what window parameters the Teams window has when displayed correctly and when it's blank after the problem happens? In order to do this create new specific settings in Actual Window Manager, then go to the Target Window section of the settings and drag the crosshair tool from this section to the Teams window and release it over the window - the parameters fields will be automatically filled with parameter values of the window. Save the specific settings. Then reproduce the problem and create another specific settings and point to the blank Teams window with the crosshair so that the fields are filled. Then open both new specific settings and see whether the parameters are the same (Window class, Window caption, Program). If they're different then send us the parameter values for the window in both states.

Roy Hanna

Posted: 10/26/2023 21:29:06

Same in both.

Roy Hanna

Posted: 11/17/2023 00:03:11

fyi, I just upgraded to the latest version of mobaxterm (23.4) and it still does it.

Just tested Teams again, and it is also still doing it, sadly.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register