Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «MS Excel 365 & VBA & AWM Clipboard history = Error , Problem and solution for Error in Excel & VBA with active AWM Clipboard » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 587

Zoran Ramač

Posted: 08/08/2023 00:34:22

Hi,

I bought Actual Windows Manager 2 days ago, installed and configured it and started enjoying its functionality.

I ran into a problem in Excel yesterday. I updated a complex application with a lot of VBA code and User Forms.
When executing one of the procedures, I kept getting a message that has nothing to do with my code:
"Calculation is incomplete. Recalculate before saving?"
Additionally, the execution of the procedures slowed down a lot to end up with incorrect forms (with the above message constantly appearing).

After a few hours of playing with the AWM settings, I came across the "Clipboard history" option and saw a lot of Excel data there. Basically, "Clipboard" was taking data from Excel while the VBA code was running, slowing it down and disabling some procedures.

When I disabled Clipboard history, Excel and VBA code worked normally.

Maybe this information will help someone in the future.

Actual Windows Manager v8.15
Windows 10 22H2
Office365 32 bit

Regards,

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/08/2023 17:41:02

Zoran,

Thank you for the report.

Please could you confirm that VBA code uses the clipboard intentionally and explicitly, or it's a side effect of some VBA functions? In former case, please provide a short sample of VBA code using the clipboard.

Thank you!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register