Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Virtual Desktops , Virtual Desktop Switcher not visible » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 975

Walter Arocker

Posted: 07/14/2023 20:03:28

Hi,

I've upgraded Actual window Manager from 8.14.5 to 8.15 today and activated Virtual Desktops in classic mode. Unfortunately the desktop switcher does not show, neither in Windows 10 dark mode nor in light mode.
My windows version is: Windows 10 Pro, Version 22H2, 19045.3208, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

Please help!
Thanks, Walter

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/17/2023 22:30:25

Hello, Walter

Thank you for contacting us.

Do you mean you tried to enable the switcher via the Show Switcher command (it's available in the AWM tray icon right-click menu)?

Could you send us your Actual Window Manager configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

Walter Arocker

Posted: 08/16/2023 15:14:38

Hi Bogdan!

That was it, thank you for your help!

For this topic I have e feature request:

1. Could you please implement a CUSTOM setting for the hotkey combination to toggle the Switcher? Currently "<Alt+`> - toggles the Virtual Desktops Switcher" is not working on my
    system
 2. Could you please implement something to permantly inform about the current virtual desktop, e.g. a number or even the name of the desktop
    I was using VirtuaWin in the past and they showed a systray icon with the sequence number of the current virtual desktop.

Thanks!
Walter

Walter Arocker

Posted: 08/16/2023 16:31:17

Hi Bogdan!

Regarding the feature request 1. in my previous posting I can tell you that I have found the solution in the settings of the hotkey actions.

Kind regards
Walter

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/18/2023 00:56:51

Walter,

Could you please implement something to permantly inform about the current virtual desktop
We'll consider your request and will post here if the feature is added.

Currently "<Alt+`> - toggles the Virtual Desktops Switcher" is not working on my system
I'm glad that you were able to solve this problem but it's interesting to know why the default combination doesn't work for you. Is the "`" key in the left upper corner of your keyboard?

Walter Arocker

Posted: 08/18/2023 17:22:12

Hi Bogdan!

I have a german keyboard layout where the "'" key is not in the left upper corner, but I suppose that this can't be the problem. I have set the key combination to ALT+W, which I have always used with VirtuaWin befor. This is working fine for me. Regards Walter

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/19/2023 09:18:17

Walter,

The character you've specified in the last message (', apostrophe) is a different character than the one used in the shortcut (`, grave accent). Although, you specified it correctly previously. Is the grave accent character placed in the left upper corner on your keyboard? Are you sure you didn't press apostrophe instead of grave accent when trying to use the shortcut?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register