Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Updated: Hotkyes work just on 2nd click » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 1571

lastunicorn

Posted: 06/17/2023 17:30:16

The hotkeys for moving to other monitor (either move to specific monitor or next one) sometimes doesn't respond…

E.g. if I click on Windows Z (move to next monitor) it responds and succesfuly move window ususally only 3 times from 4.
The time it doesn't respond I have to click 1 or more times the hotkey to proceed to other monitor.
However e.g. mute hotkey responds each and every time.

I have found out the same (improper) behaviour happens if I click move to next monitor title button, so it seems the issue is not related to hotkey but to move to another monitor operation itself.

Finally the windows shortcut WIN+SHIFT+arrow (left or right) works flawlessly.
However I would like to use my own shortcuts defined in AWM for moving to specific monitor...

I am using now version 8.14.7.
It was working without any issues on version 8.14.5.
I use 4 monitors.

What can I do to make it work?

lastunicorn

Posted: 06/24/2023 22:25:53

Any update?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/06/2023 17:38:57

Hello, lastunicorn

Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Could you install the latest version 8.15 and see whether the problem persists in this version?

Does the problem happen with any application or with some particular ones?

E.g. if I click on Windows Z (move to next monitor) it responds and succesfuly move window ususally only 3 times from 4.
Have you tried to assign different key combinations (especially different modifier key than the Windows key) for this hotkey? Does the problem persist for any key combination?

However e.g. mute hotkey responds each and every time.
Did you mean the AWM Volume mute hotkey or the Windows mute hotkey?

Do other AWM hotkeys from the Window section have this problem too (AWM configuration module > Hotkeys > Actions > Window)?

Best regards.

lastunicorn

Posted: 07/06/2023 17:49:32

Bogdan, it seems the issue is not related to hotkey but to move to another monitor operation itself.
As I wrote in my previous response I have found out the same (improper) behaviour happens if I click move to next monitor title button (by mouse).
And it worked in AWM 8.14.5.

It is application agnostic.
By mute hotkey I mean AWM hotkey for it.
My Windows version is 6.1 (build 7601: service pack 1)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/07/2023 01:46:21

Anyway, does the problem affect any other title buttons/hotkeys from the Window hotkeys section?

And it worked in AWM 8.14.5.
What about the latest version 8.15? Does the problem persist in this version?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register