Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[CONFIRMED] Accidentally right click taskbar while in a game messed up the resolution of said game » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3610

GTim

Posted: 03/18/2023 15:07:28

Hi, I recently bought AMM again and after updating to the latest issue this problem has shown up. I've made a video on the problem to show it more clearly - it only happens when I have AMM open. I'm wondering what setting I need to turn off, or adjust, because I've had a look and can't find whatever setting it is. I describe the issue more clearly in the following video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A239QmwdjPA

Fixed it, AMM settings and Windows were contradicting each other and causing problems. Disregard.

GTim

Posted: 03/19/2023 15:07:22

Nevermind, still having this issue. Would like some help, this issue only popped up after updating to the latest version of AMM.

GTim

Posted: 03/27/2023 15:56:48

still having this problem

andreasels

Posted: 03/28/2023 17:40:02

I can't access the video you posted anymore, since it is set to private, but it seems to be the same issue I am having. When playing League of Legends and right-clicking on the bottom of the screen to move downwards, the taskbar shows up and thus reducing the height of the game window. It only happens in Borderless mode, while fullscreen and normal windowed mode works (but I don't want to use those).
I'm having this issue for a while now and haven't found a solution to it yet except downgrading to an older version (pre 8.14.6)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/01/2023 02:18:12

Hello, everyone

Thank you for contacting us.

andreasels

I was able to confirm the problem. It happens because the mouse action "Right mouse button click to the window border" interacts with the game window area which overlaps the taskbar. We'll try to fix it and will post here when it's fixed.

There are several workarounds which let avoid this problem:

1) You can add an exclusion for the game window in the Actual Tools program so that the mouse action is not applied to the window

2) Or you can disable the mouse actions completely (Actual Tools configuration module > Mouse > Actions > Enable mouse actions)

3) Or if you use Actual Tools taskbar on the monitor where the game window resides you can disable the "On top" option in the taskbar context menu.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

GTim

I too can't access the video. But please see whether any of the listed workarounds solves the problem for you and please let us know the results.

GTim

Posted: 04/06/2023 11:42:46

Sorry about that, the video should be watchable now.

Couldn't figure out the exclusion option, however the second option is working just fine. Appreciate the help.

andreasels

Posted: 04/07/2023 17:11:28

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, everyone

Thank you for contacting us.

andreasels

I was able to confirm the problem. It happens because the mouse action "Right mouse button click to the window border" interacts with the game window area which overlaps the taskbar. We'll try to fix it and will post here when it's fixed.

There are several workarounds which let avoid this problem:

1) You can add an exclusion for the game window in the Actual Tools program so that the mouse action is not applied to the window

2) Or you can disable the mouse actions completely (Actual Tools configuration module > Mouse > Actions > Enable mouse actions)

3) Or if you use Actual Tools taskbar on the monitor where the game window resides you can disable the "On top" option in the taskbar context menu.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

GTim

I too can't access the video. But please see whether any of the listed workarounds solves the problem for you and please let us know the results.

Thanks for the response and looking into it for future updates.
For now I guess I will stay on 8.14.5, since it works there anyway and I had problems with some programs (Teamspeak3 especially) sometimes showing up on the taskbars of both monitors instead of only the one where the window is located with the newer versions.

Still really loiving the program and I don't think I'll ever be able to get used to using a PC without it again.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register