Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Keyboard Macro/Hotkeys too fast , Add Delay » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2545

David Fields

Posted: 03/07/2023 02:31:23

This one might be hard to describe.

Recently I've noticed an issue where my keyboard macros/hotkeys aren't being sent correctly.  I recently upgraded the hardware to a faster CPU and RAM.  From that I can tell, my computer is actually running to fast and the keys are being sent too fast.  Is there a way to "slow" down the rate at which characters are being sent?  I didn't have this problem with the slower CPU.

This happens with Window Rules and hotkeys.  

Any suggestions?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/10/2023 22:24:58

Hello, David

Thank you for contacting us.

Is there a way to "slow" down the rate at which characters are being sent?
Unfortunately, there is no way to do this.

Could you describe an example of a scenario where too fast keys sending creates problems?

Best regards.

David Fields

Posted: 03/14/2023 18:56:47

Thanks for the reply.  

I have some window and hotkey actions set up to enter usernames and passwords for some internal web pages (routers, servers, etc), and it usually sends the username OK, but then the password gets messed up.  I get the same behavior in Chrome, Edge and Firefox.

Typically, these macros take the form of:
<username><Tab><password><Enter>

Sometimes it works OK though, which is frustrating.  I have the issue with long and short passwords.  

It usually works ok if I test the macro in some kind of editor (wordpad, word, vim).  This used to work fine.  

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, David

Thank you for contacting us.

Is there a way to "slow" down the rate at which characters are being sent?
Unfortunately, there is no way to do this.

Could you describe an example of a scenario where too fast keys sending creates problems?

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/27/2023 17:52:07

David,

We'll consider adding the ability to use delays in "Run keyboard macro" key sequences and will post here if such ability is added.

For now as workaround you can try using the "Combo action" feature with the combos consisting of several "Run keyboard macro" actions and delays between them instead of using "Run keyboard macro" alone.

In order to be able to reach a combo action from different parts of the program (for example via title buttons settings section or hotkeys settings) you can create the combo action here: AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Global Settings > Combo. Then you'll be able to easily reach it from where you need it via the "Pre-defined" element.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register