Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Desktop Divider Failure , Desktop Divider not working as Domain Policies get Stricter » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 995

Alex McB

Posted: 03/03/2023 01:12:57

Hello,
I've got a full version of Actual Window Manager running on a Windows 10 machine ver 22H2, and 2 2560x1600 monitors.
I have several different Desktop Divider presets, and they worked great until recently, when the red outlines of the squares just never show up, and the only snapping that is working is the Win10 snaps (corners/half/full screen)

I believe that this has been caused by my company rolling out some more security policies, although it's possible that the problem is from a Windows Update or something similar.
What do I need to ask my domain administrator to un-block/whitelist (or what do I need to open up as a machine administrator) to get this working again?

Thanks!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/10/2023 22:08:25

Hello, Alex

Thank you for contacting us.

until recently, when the red outlines of the squares just never show up
Do the blue (by default) layout frames not show up either?

Does the feature not work for some particular applications only or for all applications? Does it work with simple applications like for example Notepad?

Are there any signs in the "problem" applications that they're affected by Actual Window Manager at all - for example extra title buttons or extra menu items?

Best regards.

Alex McB

Posted: 03/17/2023 04:16:49

I realized I had neither the red nor the blue frames, so I took a stab and uninstalled/reinstalled Probably should've started there, but I didn't realize it would save my settings- which was why I didn't earlier.

It seems to be working now, but I haven't restarted. If it fails again, I'll ask again, and this time I've turned on Logging.
Hopefully it keeps working, and I'll just shrug it off.

Thanks!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register