Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Dialog / Pop-up Dragging Rearranges Main Window , When relocating a dialog box, often the main window resets size and position from its Divider tile to the Windows saved size and location. » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4235

Jeremy K

Posted: 02/15/2023 01:35:12

Actual Multiple Monitors 8.14.6.1 standalone
Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit Version 20H2 Build 19042.2486
Issue occurs on several programs - latest occurrence is on Adobe Reader XI version 11.0.23 (yes, I'm hanging on to the last good version - hate Reader DC).

I use Desktop Divider tiles to locate and size certain programs upon launch. This has been working great for many years for me. Recently (don't know if it started particularly with AMM 8.14.6.1 or maybe a Windows update) if I launch a program such as Adobe Reader and it properly locates in the designated Divider tile, if I then open a Dialog / Pop-up window and try to move it (e.g., it is on another monitor and I want to drag it to my main monitor), the primary Adobe Reader window will resize and move to what I assume is the Windows last-saved / default position and size. This happens consistently when it happens - i.e., it is repeatable. I have not thoroughly tested to figure out if there are certain programs / apps which are affected and others that aren't.

I'm hoping someone can tell me if this is just a setting, or if it is an issue that has been seen on other setups. I checked the change logs for 8.17.7 and there was no mention of correcting this issue, so I don't know if upgrading would fix the problem or not, and I'd rather not spend the money to find out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/16/2023 07:36:41

Hello, Jeremy

Thank you for contacting us.

I was unable to reproduce the problem.

if I launch a program such as Adobe Reader and it properly locates in the designated Divider tile, if I then open a Dialog / Pop-up window and try to move it (e.g., it is on another monitor and I want to drag it to my main monitor), the primary Adobe Reader window will resize and move to what I assume is the Windows last-saved / default position and size.

Could you provide the examples of such dialogs/pop-up windows that cause the problem with Adobe Reader. Does it happen with the "Open..." dialog?

Do you recall any other applications besides Adobe Reader with which the problem happened?

What are the values of the option "Change the size of text..." in the Windows display settings for each of the monitors?

Could you send us your Actual Multiple Monitors configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

Jeremy K

Posted: 03/11/2023 05:16:47

Thanks for the response.

I just sent the configuration file by email with a link to this thread.

I have just experienced this issue again with the Siemens program TeamCenter, version 13.1. I am testing different programs now just to get a few examples and the issue is verified to occur on the following:
-MS Word when moving the Options dialog (Microsoft® Word for Microsoft 365 MSO (16.0.14326.20936) 32-bit)
-ItemSoft Item Toolkit when moving the "About" dialog

It appears to occur pretty consistently with any program that has true pop-up dialog windows.

I do have three monitors on an engineering workstation (Lenovo P52 with advanced dock). Two monitors run on the NVidia discrete graphics card and the laptop display runs on intel integrated graphics. All three monitors are using 100% text size / no scaling.

If it would help, I could record the screen and upload a video to google drive or OneDrive - let me know.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/27/2023 15:45:23

Hello, Jeremy

I'm still unable to reproduce the problem. Also, I don't see any emails from you. Could you send an email containing the configuration files again?

It appears to occur pretty consistently with any program that has true pop-up dialog windows.
What about Adobe Reader XI? Is the problem consistent with this application?

What exactly pop-up windows of Adobe Reader XI the problem happens with?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register