Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Mouse wrap from top to bottom , mouse does not wrap from top to bottom » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 1938

Alan Novick

Posted: 01/05/2023 22:48:59

Sometimes my mouse pointer is near the top of the screen and I want to go to the bottom.  I move the mouse to go past the top of the screen thinking it will wrap around and go do the bottom.  However when I move the mouse to the top of the screen it goes to the top left corner instead of going to the top.  I have the wrap settings set to "entirely".  I tried changing to just "vertical" but I get the same result.

If I move the mouse past the bottom of the screen it works just great, and goes to the top as expected.

I have two screens.  The above happens on monitor #1.  On monitor #2 it is reversed - the wrap from top to bottom works great but when trying to wrap from bottom to top the mouse just goes to the bottom right corner of screen 2.

Is there another setting I need to change?

I am on Windows 11 and am using the evaluation version.  The main reason for me using this software is I am looking for mouse wrapping.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/15/2023 02:44:15

Hello, Alan

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you send us a screenshot of your monitors layout either from the Windows Display settings or from the Actual Tools program configuration module?

Best regards.

Alan Novick

Posted: 01/16/2023 20:55:55

Here is my montior layout

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/16/2023 03:31:53

Hello, Alan

I apologize for the delay in replying to you.

The behavior you described - it's how the feature should work for your monitors layout. This is by design, and here is what is written in the What's New page about the changes:
Wrap the Desktop feature is improved: now it always "teleports" the mouse pointer to a nearest monitor in the straight mouse moving direction, or to a farthest monitor in the opposite direction.
In particular, that solves the issue of the mouse pointer stuck in a corner of a monitor with a higher display resolution when trying to move the mouse to an adjacent monitor with a lower display resolution, which is not explicitly adjacent by that corner.

We'll consider adding the simplified mode for the Wrap the desktop feature which won't have the mouse pointer transfer directions that are not obviously intuitive. We'll post here when it's available.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register