Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Windows Position fails since v8.14.6 (Align at Startup to) » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7075

Maximus

Posted: 09/14/2022 15:20:23

Hello, I prefer to position my windows negatively - the way so i don't see the sizing cursor when i move it to the edge of the window,
but ever since v8.14.6 you've screwed up "windows positioning at startup" function and didn't fixed it in v8.14.7 either.

so i start any program or window and instead of being positioned a bit outside of the monitor (as you can see on the screenshot), it actually opens with random position;
sometimes it's 10px margin, sometimes it's 100px etc.

i see this behavior or both Win11 and Win10, so i have to roll back to v8.14.5 where it still works as intended.

i've also made a video demonstration, please watch it here:
https://emalm.com/?v=cj8_H

or download:
https://send.tresorit.com/a#HJtMhQOCSUaKPBfDIciPSg
https://file.io/XmXgH7LcUuQd

Maximus

Posted: 09/18/2022 13:53:54

...Hello?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/20/2022 14:08:44

Hello, Maximus

Thank you for contacting us.

I was unable to reproduce the problem.

What monitors you use and does the problem depend on what monitor you open a window on?

What are the values of the Windows option "Change the size of the text..." in the standard Windows display settings for each monitor?

Could you reproduce the problem and see what settings are applied to the window right after it isn't placed correctly - click the "Modify applied settings" title button (the one with the wrench icon) and see what settings are specified in the first menu item.

Could you send us your AWM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

Maximus

Posted: 09/20/2022 16:48:27

Здравствуйте Богдан, судя по имени я могу писать на языке  :)
Могу утверждать что проблема не связана с конкретным монитором или системой, так-как первый раз я с ней столкнулся сразу после выхода 8.14.6, работая на 38" мониторе под Win10;
то же самое я наблюдал на ноутбуке с UHD под Win10 и другом ноутбуке с UHD под Win11.

What are the values of the Windows option "Change the size of the text..." in the standard Windows display settings for each monitor?
на разных системах - разные, от 150 до 250%, но всегда Recommended.

Could you reproduce the problem and see what settings are applied to the window right after it isn't placed correctly - click the "Modify applied settings" title button (the one with the wrench icon) and see what settings are specified in the first menu item.
не могу, как я уже писал, мне приходится работать на v8.14.5, но я точно помню что настройки в окне отображались именно те, которые были прописаны мной в табе Position и Size.

Could you send us your AWM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic in the email.
не могу, пишет "You need to create a Microsoft Outlook profile", а я вырезал всю эту ересь из системы под чистую.

Отправил Вам на email.

Grant Duffy

Posted: 09/24/2022 10:38:07

i had A Simalar issue with v8.14.6/7 but was working perfectly in v8.14.5 where movie apps to another monitor via the button in the title bar or hot key would sometime be ignored or show up as white screen until minimised. i found that having text and app scaling per monitor (100% monitor 1 + 125% monitor 2) cause the issue. having the same scaling (100% or 125%) for both monitors seemed to fixed the issue.
this info might help devs to create a fix for issue as its just a work awound not a fix.

Maximus

Posted: 09/24/2022 15:33:32

Thank you for the reply Grant Duffy, but i only have one monitor.

Maximus

Posted: 09/29/2022 14:40:21

Bogdan Polishchuk,
...any suggestions? :|

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/22/2022 04:58:01

Hello, Maximus

I apologize for such long delay in replying to you. Yes, I can write in the language, but let's write in English so that other users can read the topic too.

There is a problem with the action Align at Startup in Windows 10/11 where there is a gap between a processed window and the set position (the width of the gap depends on the Text Size option value and I guess on the monitor resolution too). But it's a relatively old problem - it started before the version 8.14.6.1. The version 8.14.5 should have it too. We'll try to fix it and will post here when it's fixed.

As I can see in your configuration, the shift values for the Align at Startup action are higher than in the video - maybe this is why you think the problem doesn't persist in 8.14.5, because higher shift values balance the gap width?

As workaround you can disable the option "Block premature appearance of window" in specific settings for the application you use the "Align at startup" action with (AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings > particular Specific Settings > Startup > Block premature appearance of window). Let us know if this stops the problem.

Best regards.

Will

Posted: 10/26/2022 22:28:05

Same problem here with Win10 21H2.

I have to Win + F5 a few times for settings to take effect.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register