New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 13
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[CONFIRMED] AWM v8.14.7 does not display taskbar icons and language bar correctly in Windows 7 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 14975

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 07/04/2022 15:21:50

After updating AWM from v8.14.5 to v8.14.7 (I skipped 8.14.6 because of this reason) some taskbar icons appear on both taskbars if the application windows is displayed on the 2nd monitor. This is always the case with a maximized Remote desktop window, but I have also seen it happening with Macrium Reflect (but not always).

The language bar in the system tray of the main monitor also disappears when the mouse is clicked somewhere on the 2nd monitor.

This issue is present on Windows 7 (both x86 and x64) but only when the option Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > Replace the system taskbar is not selected.

I have (again) reverted back to v8.14.5.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/10/2022 07:22:20

Hello, Pim

some taskbar icons appear on both taskbars if the application windows is displayed on the 2nd monitor. This is always the case with a maximized Remote desktop window
This is a known problem. We were able to confirm it for full-screen browsers previously (Chrome and Firefox). The problem persists since the version 8.14.6.1. We'll try to fix it and will post here when it's fixed.

but I have also seen it happening with Macrium Reflect (but not always).
Did the problem happen when Macrium Reflect was maximized/full-screen or when it was in usual mode?

The language bar in the system tray of the main monitor also disappears when the mouse is clicked somewhere on the 2nd monitor.
I was unable to reproduce this problem.

Could you send us your current AWM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 08/13/2022 00:17:10

Hello Bogdan,

Thank you for your reply and my apologies for my late reply. More urgent/serious issues required my attention first. I have just sent you the configuration files via mail.

This is a known problem. We were able to confirm it for full-screen browsers previously (Chrome and Firefox). The problem persists since the version 8.14.6.1. We'll try to fix it and will post here when it's fixed.
Thanks in advance.

Did the problem happen when Macrium Reflect was maximized/full-screen or when it was in usual mode?
It happened when it was maximized. Sometimes it does not happen immediately, but when I click the standard Windows button for the previous windows size and then the same button to maximize the window again it usually occurs.

I was unable to reproduce this problem.
Today I could not reproduce this either, even though just before reporting this issue it happened all the time. Maybe it was just a glitch.

Best regards,

Pim

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/06/2022 06:30:05

Pim,

I was able to reproduce the problem with Macrium Reflect. But it seems that the same problem happens with all applications started with elevated rights. The taskbar button appears on the system taskbar after you switch focus from such application and then activate it again (you don't have to maximize it). Can you confirm this behavior?

We'll try to fix it and will post here when it's fixed.

For now as workaround you can use the AWM taskbar instead of the standard Windows taskbar (AWM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > Replace the system taskbar). Is it acceptable for you?

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 09/06/2022 20:16:03

Hello Bogdan,

Thank you for your response.

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
I was able to reproduce the problem with Macrium Reflect. But it seems that the same problem happens with all applications started with elevated rights. The taskbar button appears on the system taskbar after you switch focus from such application and then activate it again (you don't have to maximize it). Can you confirm this behavior?

I can confirm your (sharp) observation. I don't know why I had not seen this before.

For now as workaround you can use the AWM taskbar instead of the standard Windows taskbar (AWM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > Replace the system taskbar). Is it acceptable for you?

Yes, it is. In fact, I probably like it even better than the standard Windows Taskbar. I had never really experimented with this setting before. I thought in AWM's taskbar it was impossible to add the language bar, because it was never added immediately after selecting it, therefore I always used the standard taskbar. But now, after some experimenting, I was able to make it work. Apparently I had to select another toolbar first and then when I selected the language bar it appeared. Now, even after unselecting the other toolbar and then unselecting and selecting the language bar again, it will disappear and appear. Strange, but it works. And the good thing is that this also gets rid of the show desktop icon at the far right of the taskbar, which is what I have wanted for a long time (I already have a show desktop icon in the Quick Launch bar at the far left of the taskbar). So, thanks for the tip!

Best regards,

Pim

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/13/2022 11:44:20

Pim,

Apparently I had to select another toolbar first and then when I selected the language bar it appeared. Now, even after unselecting the other toolbar and then unselecting and selecting the language bar again, it will disappear and appear.
I was unable to reproduce this problem. Does it still persist? If yes, then could you desribe it more detailed?

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 01/04/2023 17:43:00

Hello Bogdan,

Thank you for your reply. First of all my apologies for not having been able to respond sooner. I had to take care of a lot more urgent matters and also wanted to investigate some behaviour first. I also want to wish you a Happy New Year!

This issue did not appear again when switching to AWM taskbar on several other machines with Win7. Apparently it was just this one installation, which I did solve.

However I have found another language bar bug in v8.14.7 which unfortunately has caused me to revert to v8.14.5 again. If I have attached the language bar to AWM's taskbar, then open a remote desktop and then click somewhere else, the language bar starts floating instead of staying attached to the taskbar. It may be that this happens when clicking the remote desktop again after having clicked elsewhere, I do not recall anymore, because it has been some time ago, but I think you should be able to reproduce this. It happens on all of my Win7 systems with AWM v8.14.7. It does not occur with v8.14.5.

Best regards,

Pim

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/27/2023 15:52:34

Hello, Pim

Happy New Year to you too!

If I have attached the language bar to AWM's taskbar, then open a remote desktop and then click somewhere else, the language bar starts floating instead of staying attached to the taskbar.
This problem has been confirmed. We'll try to fix it and will post here when it's fixed.

I was unable to find any workaround for this, but it seems to be associated with the fact that language bar disappears from the taskbar (even from the standard Windows taskbar) when RDC window is active and appears again when the window is not active.

Also, I can confirm that the problem persists in the version 8.14.5 as well. As I can see, sometimes it takes several focus switches from/to the RDC window for the problem to happen.

You can return the language bar to the taskbar by selecting the Minimize option in the language bar menu.

lastunicorn

Posted: 06/17/2023 08:06:05

Any update on this duplicate taskbar icons on primary monitor?
It is almost year from ackowledging it as an application bug, however I do not see any fix yet.

lastunicorn

Posted: 06/24/2023 22:25:27

Any update?

Messages 1 - 10 of 13
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help