Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM some bugs » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5570

Juro Janosik

Posted: 11/02/2008 12:24:38

Since I test AWM for a few days I manage to find some bugs:

1. If I minimize an application to system tray icon via AWM and then I change AWM configuration (for example, add new specific settings for an application) then the minimized application become dead. Although I see its icon in system try, click on it doesn't show the application window.

2. Under Vista, every time after I log in, UAC asks if I allow ActualToolsConsoleHelper.exe to be run.

3. When I set application to start on the bottom right position, then every menu or a dialogbox from that application is positioned on the bottom right which is pretty annoying.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 11/03/2008 00:36:46

Hi Juro,

Welcome to our forum and thank you for your report! Here are my comments:

1. We need more details on this issue: what application you minimize, what application you create specific settings for, what your system is, etc. A step-by-step instruction on how to reproduce this situation would be nice.

2. It's normal. If you don't like it, you can either disable the UAC (though we don't recommend it) or disable the support of console windows in AWM options.

3. You should specify either Window class or Window caption criterion in addition to the Program criterion in the subject specific settings to tell the required window separate from other windows of this application. AWM works at window level, not application level. I'd recommend you to read the Principles of Operation section in the User Manual to get better understanding on how to use AWM effectively.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register