Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] Chrome Specific Settings, Dropdowns Misplaced » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 1654

Robert Hall

Posted: 04/20/2022 20:54:11

Howdy,
 When I use AWM to move Chrome to a specific position, I get odd behavior with in-window pop ups. Specifically, drop down menus. See 'Picture 3' for reference. When I have my specific settings enabled for Chrome, then all dropdowns do this to the screen - the whole screen goes dark and the dropdown is misplaced to the corner of the monitor. I've solved this by simple unchecking the specific setting each morning. However, this is getting old and I was wondering of there was another solution.

For information, my specific settings for Chrome are: 'Align at start up' on the 'Position' tab, and 'At startup to' to a certain pixel dimension on the 'Size' tab.

Please let me know, thanks.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/23/2022 11:48:29

Hello, Robert

Could you send us your AWM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic in the email.

Also please specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

What are the values of "Change the size of text" option in the standard Windows display settings for each or your monitors? And in what of them the problem happens?

Best regards.

Robert Hall

Posted: 04/25/2022 20:35:25

Email Sent.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/16/2022 19:06:41

Hello, Robert

Sorry for the delay in replying to you.

When I have my specific settings enabled for Chrome, then all dropdowns do this to the screen - the whole screen goes dark and the dropdown is misplaced to the corner of the monitor
Apparently this happens because the specific settings for Chrome are applied to all Chrome windows, including Chrome menus. To avoid this enable the Caption parameter in the Target Window section of the settings for Chrome (AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings > specific settings for Chrome > Target Window). Specify "Google Chrome" (without quotes) as the caption parameter value and select the "Substring match" option for this parameter. In this case the settings should be only applied to the main Chrome window.

Best regards.

Robert Hall

Posted: 05/16/2022 19:30:21

This seems to have fixed it, thank you!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login