Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM refuses to exit , Power Shell » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4318

Johan Daanje

Posted: 04/14/2022 11:18:24

Good Morning
I am using a power shell script to exit AWM with a command Stop-Process -Name "ActualWindowManagerCenter",
it worked for a long time very good but now it refuses to exit, even with commands like:

taskkill /F /PID 32264
taskkill /IM "yourprocess.exe" /F
Stop-Process -ID 3952 -Force

Can somebody explain why AWM does this?

Thank You
Mondriaan

Syrinx

Posted: 04/14/2022 21:18:00

I can't say I've had need to do this but perhaps you could try the cmd line option?
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Window Manager\ActualWindowManagerCenter.exe" unload

As for why the above didn't work I'm not sure. I just tested it on my machine and it died just fine
TASKKILL /IM ActualWindowManagerCenter.exe /F
As for the top and bottom ones, I assume you're updating the PIDs for the running ActualWindowManagerCenter.exe and if so I don't see any issues with those either

Also, chances are high that the Devs will want your relevant info (Windows architecture, winver, version of AWM) so might wanna add that so it's ready by the time they gaze upon this thread.

Johan Daanje

Posted: 04/15/2022 01:18:29

:D
Yes it works, 1000 thanks.
As for whether the commands work for you, windows has been called in the past the system with 64000 errors, so that it works differently for you is of course always possible.

Thank you very much.

Mondriaan

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/29/2022 03:17:07

Hello, everyone

Johan,

I am using a power shell script to exit AWM with a command Stop-Process -Name "ActualWindowManagerCenter",
it worked for a long time very good but now it refuses to exit

Are you still interested in getting this problem solved?

If yes, then could you reproduce the problem - try to use one of these commands and make sure it doesn't have effect and Actual Window Manager is still running. Then open the Event Viewer (type Event Viewer into the taskbar search field and click on Event Viewer in the search results) and navigate to the Windows Logs section. Look at the logs Application and System and if there are any errors or warnings around the time you've reproduced the problem at then select them (one at a time), and make screenshots of the whole Event Viewer window for each error/warning around that time. Make sure the General tab for the error/warning is active and fully visible. Then send the screenshots to support@actualtools.com.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register