Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[CONFIRMED] Small issues with firefox » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10631

Syrinx

Posted: 04/03/2022 04:38:58

While trying to get firefox to Close to the tray I ended up finding two different issues:

Window Class [MozillaWindowClass]
Specific Setting > Window Settings > Minimizing > Minimize Window Manually > Via title button [Tray]
Specific Setting > Window Settings > Minimizing > Minimize Window Manually > Via Close button click
Specific Setting > Window Settings > Minimizing > Options > Minimization Mode [Tray]
Specific Setting > Window Settings > Minimizing > Options > Tray Icon Options [Permanent]
Specific Setting > Window Settings > Minimizing > Options > Screen Icon Options [Icon]
Specific Setting > Window Settings > Minimizing > Options > Use custom tray/screen
Specific Setting > Window Settings > Minimizing > Options > Use double click
I would expect the above to cause the Close button to Send it to the tray but instead it is actually CLOSING!

As a workaround I then tried removing the built in close button and replacing it with a minimize to tray button but there was no option to only remove the close button, just ones for All, Minimize or Maximize so i used the All option
Specific Setting > Window Settings > Startup > Change standard window parts > Title bar's icon and buttons [remove]
Specific Setting > Window Settings > Title Buttons > AltMin [Minimize to tray]
Specific Setting > Window Settings > Title Buttons > Make transparent
This part worked as expected until actually trying to enable Transparency. At this point things go haywire. The Title and Buttons switch places, aka the title goes fr om left to right and the buttons go from the right side to the left side.
In addition Transparency is NOT applied and trying to click anything in the window is then 'off' by quite a bit. For instance trying to right click on a hyperlink opens a context menu MUCH further to the right of wh ere it should and doesn't show the appropriate options. This makes it rather unusable and also persists until Firefox is restarted (until Transparency is applied again).
Disabling the Title bar's icon and buttons [Remove] and restarting firefox allows transparency to work as intended again

For now I'm keeping the original buttons and using:
Specific Setting > Window Settings > Closing > Options > Prevent window's accidental close [Confirm Close]
This isn't ideal as it also prompts when trying to close it from the Tray Icon but at least it leaves everything else usable.

Neither issue appears to occur in other programs I tested with the same options and instead seems to be Firefox specific?

AWM (8.14.6.1)
Firefox x64 (98.0.2)
Windows 10 x64 21H2 (19044.1586)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/12/2022 19:52:09

Hello, Syrinx

Thank you for contacting us.

I would expect the above to cause the Close button to Send it to the tray but instead it is actually CLOSING!
Does this problem still persist? I was unable to reproduce it in the version 99.0 of Firefox.

Could you send us your Actual Window Manager configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic in the email.

This part worked as expected until actually trying to enable Transparency. At this point things go haywire. The Title and Buttons switch places, aka the title goes fr om left to right and the buttons go from the right side to the left side.
This problem has been confirmed. It happens if the option "Change standard window parts" is enabled in specific settings for Firefox (Specific Settings for Firefox > Startup > Change standard window parts). It is not even necessary to change settings of the window parts for this option like remove title buttons. All it takes is to enable the option itself and changing the window's transparency starts causing problems. We'll try to fix it and will post here when the problem is fixed.

Best regards.

Syrinx

Posted: 04/13/2022 23:40:04

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you got to the root of the second issue already!

As for the first, I found the Firefox Close button actually closes instead of minimizing to tray as expected when
Mouse > Actions > 'Enable mouse actions' is UN-CHECKED

Re-enabling 'Enable mouse actions' allows the close button in firefox to work as expected and it once again goes to the tray instead of closing. =)
P.S.: I also unchecked each sub entries 'Action' as I don't actually want to use 'Mouse Actions' but it's good enough for now!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register