Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Bluebeam Revu - missing top buttons - Actual Multiple Monitors » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5482

Laura Howe

Posted: 03/24/2022 21:52:52

I recently started using Bluebeam Revu, and the top buttons don't show up using Actual Multiple Monitors.  I know with Adobe Acrobat DC we had to change a setting to have them show up, but I can't find any guidance on Revu.  The notes on all the Actual Multiple Monitors app notes that there was a fix for this in 2013, but it is not working for me.  Anyone have advice?

Thanks
Laura

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/31/2022 19:11:18

Hello, Laura

Thank you for contacting us.

I recently started using Bluebeam Revu, and the top buttons don't show up using Actual Multiple Monitors.
This problem has been confirmed. Apparently, some things have changed since 2013 both in Revu and in our software. We'll try to figure out what causes the problem and will post here when the problem is fixed.

This problem differs from the one with Adobe Acrobat DC as title buttons appear in the Bluebeam Revu window, but they're invisible. You can see the tooltips appearing as you hover the mouse pointer over the area where title buttons should reside. Also, the buttons work if you click them.

What color mode you use in Revu? There is a workaround which you can use to make the buttons visible. If you use Light color mode, then it's enough to make any change in Default Settings or any specific settings and apply the change (AMM configuration module > Window Settings > Default Settings/Specific Settings). If the settings are reapplied to Revu this way then the buttons will become visible. You don't have to make change in specific settings for Revu necessarily. You can make change in Default Settings or any specific settings. You can even create new blank specific settings specially for this workaround, just to enable/disable some option without it actually making effect on any application. For example, you can disable or enable some title button in the settings. Or disable/enable the blank settings.

For Dark theme in Revu the workaround is a little more complex. Let me know if you use Dark theme and I will provide the workaround to you.

Best regards.

Laura Howe

Posted: 05/04/2022 01:46:22

Thanks for the tip. I tried using light mode in Revu, and I can see the buttons but they don't respond to clicks.  I didn't change any settings in AMM, just changed from dark to light mode in Revu.  I would prefer to stay with dark mode, so please give me that workaround, or let me know if I missed a step in my workaround.

Thanks
Laura

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/16/2022 20:56:46

Laura,

In order to make the buttons visible in the dark theme you need to create specific settings for Revu (if you haven't created them yet). Then navigate to the section Title Buttons of the settings and enable the option Office 2007 style. In this case the buttons will be visible in the app, although the appearance of the buttons with this option enabled doesn't match the new Windows look well.

What versions of Revu and Actual Multiple Monitors are you running?

Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/26/2022 08:52:10

Hello, Laura

You wrote:
I recently started using Bluebeam Revu, and the top buttons don't show up using Actual Multiple Monitors.

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version of Actual Multiple Monitors 8.14.7 and our other products as well.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and and confirm the fix.

If you used one of the suggested workarounds you can discard it in the latest version.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register