Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM: both close and minimise buttons send program to tray » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10522

Jeff Brosens

Posted: 03/23/2022 20:18:11

I'm using an email program called kiwi for Gmail which I have pinned to the taskbar. I want to create a rule in AWM so that when I click the close button it will minimize to the tray, and when I click the minimize button it will minimize to the taskbar (like the default behavior).

so far when I have the "via close button click" box ticked it will cause both the close and the minimize buttons to send the program to the tray. I would have thought this tickbox option would change it from using the minimize button to using the close button instead but it seems to change the behavior of both buttons.

I am new to AWM so maybe I missed something obvious. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks :)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/31/2022 08:45:42

Hello, Jeff

Thank you for contacting us.

I want to create a rule in AWM so that when I click the close button it will minimize to the tray, and when I click the minimize button it will minimize to the taskbar (like the default behavior).
Unfortunately, for now there is no way to accomplish this behavior for a particular application. The option "Minimize window... > via Close button" makes the Close button equal to the standard Minimize button. The option Minimization mode relates to the standard Minimize button and thus to the Close button if the option "Minimize window... > via Close button" is enabled.
We'll consider the ability to set different minimization modes for Minimize and Close buttons as a feature request and will post here if the feature is implemented.

You can assign the "Minimize to tray" mouse action to left mouse button click to Close button in the Mouse actions section (AWM configuration module > Mouse > Actions > Close). But this will work globally for all applications in the system. Although, maybe adding a modifier key to this action will be an acceptable solution for you (for example, Click + Ctrl). You can combine this action and the option "Minimize window... > via Close button" in the specific settings for kiwi so that the window doesn't close if you forget to use the modifier key.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register