Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «W10 no more repositioning of windows after turn off the monitors » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3067

Florian Rahm

Posted: 03/17/2022 17:36:14

Hallo,

since the newest Version (upgraded yesterday) my custom settings for repositioning programms are faulty.

My pc turns of the monitors after 20 minutes in idle state. All my programms are one the deisgnated monitors.
After leaving the monitor energy saver mode, and login in back to windows 10, all my programms are scrambled over  not desingated monitors.

The bad is, I can restart amm and everything is fine, or i can just change only one word in the descitipon of the special rule, save that and the
programm moves on the right monitor. Looks live as avm doesnt reactivate after coming back from energy saver mode (not hybernate, just energy saving of the monitors !)

I need help.

Thanks a lot.

Problem can be co related to new AMD Drivers from this week and or some critical windows 10 updates from the last days.

Florian Rahm

Posted: 03/25/2022 16:07:37

Found one way to help myself, after coming back from "monitor off" state  I go to the tastbar and press "pause" AMM and after that I press play AMM, now the windows / applications go back to the right monitors.

My anyone help with this bug ?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/31/2022 09:48:57

Hello, Florian

Thank you for contacting us.

since the newest Version (upgraded yesterday) my custom settings for repositioning programms are faulty.
Are you talking about Windows update?

It seems that before the update the monitors weren't considered as disconnected when they were disabled due to power saving mode, but now they're (all or some of them) considered disconnected by the system and therefore the windows are moved to other monitors.

Actual Multiple Monitors shouldn't automatically reapply the settings to all windows upon waking up from the power saving mode or upon changing of the monitors configuration. But there is a feature that may help you in this situation. Have you tried to use the feature "Bind the layout to the desktop geometry" (AMM configuration module > Layout and Snap > Windows Layout > Bind the layout...)? The feature saves the windows layout for a monitors configuration and when you switch back to this configuration it restores the windows layout.

After leaving the monitor energy saver mode, and login in back to windows 10, all my programms are scrambled over  not desingated monitors.
Could you tell in what exactly manner the monitors are placed after you log on to Windows? Are they all moved to one monitor? Do some windows stay on their designated monitors?

What monitors you use and what interfaces you use to connect the monitors to the computer (DVE, HDMI etc)?

What version of AMM you're running now?

Also, please specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Best regards.

Florian Rahm

Posted: 04/01/2022 18:59:31

Hello Bogdan,

Windows Version is 21H1 19043.1586 ( will update this weekend to 21H2)
AMM is the newest version 8.14.6.1

Bind the layout to the desktop geometry is already active after installing the newest amm version.
I've meant the newest amd  adrivers for my graphics card.

My 4 montiors are connect with 3x DP and 1x HDMI
Always the apps of the monitor with the HDMI connections are going to a wrong monitor (main monitor) after coming back from energy saver.
When I disconect the monitor by unwiring the cable, it's the same. Apps are going to another monitor and not coming back after rewiring.

Hope this helps !

Florian Rahm

Posted: 04/06/2022 12:27:59

Hello Bogdan,

instajled 21H2 19044.1620. Also installed newest AMD Driver 22.3.2. Nothing changed.
Still the windows go crazy.

Any clue ?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/15/2022 19:58:40

Hello, Florian

Sorry for the delay in replying to you.

Any clue ?
It seems that the graphics card output indexes change after the monitors are disabled due to sleep mode/energy saving mode and then enabled again.

Could you make sure the "Bind the layout to the desktop geometry" option is still enabled. Also see whether the option "Collect usage statistics" is enabled (AMM configuration module > Options > General > Collect usage statistics).

Then send us your Actual Multiple Monitors configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support).

Then reproduce the problem - put the computer into energy saver mode, then wake it up from this mode. Make sure the windows are not in their correct positions.

Then exit Actual Multiple Monitors completely. Navigate to the folder %appdata%\Actual Tools\Actual Multiple Monitors (just paste this address into the address bar of a Windows explorer window). Find the file CenterEvents.log and send it to us.

Also open the configuration module again (close it before this if it wasn't closed to the moment) and send us your Actual Multiple Monitors configuration files again.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register