Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Apps opening on non-existent second monitor » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3816

Larry Hess

Posted: 03/01/2022 08:16:50

The secondary monitor on my PC has stopped working and I have disconnected the data cable so now I have only one monitor. Now there are 2 apps that open but do not show up on on the single monitor. When I hover on the app icons on the task bar, the preview thumbnails seem to open on the non-existent monitor.

I have done the following to try to diagnose or repair the issue:

Ran scannow
Ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Deleted AMM & it's settling folder and reinstalled AMM with standard setting
Deleted and reinstalled the misbehaving apps
Moved primary monitor cable to port that was used by secondary monitor

I am running
Windows 10 ver 21HG2 build 1466
AMM 8.1.14.6.1

Note that all apps and AMM were behaving as expected before the secondary monitor quit.

Larry Hess CPA
Albuquerque, NM USA

Larry Hess

Posted: 03/01/2022 08:17:24

removed duplicate posting

Larry Hess CPA
Albuquerque, NM USA

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/15/2022 04:37:47

Hello, Larry

Thank you for contacting us.

Do I understand correctly that the applications are placed beyond the single monitor borders even if you open the apps while Actual Multiple Monitors is not running?

Did you have specific settings in AMM for these apps which put them to the secondary monitor?

You can try the steps below to move the applications to the visible part of the desktop:
1) make sure a window beyond the desktop borders is active (click its taskbar button);
2) Press Alt + Spacebar - the window menu should appear;
3) select the Move item of the menu and try to move the window using keyboard arrow buttons;
4) if the window becomes captured by the mouse pointer as you begin to move it with arrow buttons then there is a chance you can move it further with the mouse.

Please let me know whether it's possible to get the app windows back and whether the problem stops after this.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register