Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] PIA VPN status icon not updating in taskbar » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4539

J S

Posted: 02/26/2022 15:41:04

I use the Private Internet Access VPN at home and the taskbar icon for this VPN changes color based on connection status.  In the normal Windows taskbar it works fine, but in Actual Multiple Monitors it does not and it's impossible to tell connection status just from the icon color.

Thanks

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/23/2022 00:37:41

Hello, J S

Thank you for contacting us and sorry for the delay in replying to you.

the taskbar icon for this VPN changes color based on connection status.  In the normal Windows taskbar it works fine, but in Actual Multiple Monitors it does not and it's impossible to tell connection status just from the icon color.
Are you talking about the PIA VPN icon in the taskbar system tray?

What versions of PIA VPN and of Actual Multiple Monitors you're running?

Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Do you use any other applications with tray icons that change dynamically? Does this problem persist for these applications too?

Best regards.

J S

Posted: 04/13/2022 05:04:06

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Are you talking about the PIA VPN icon in the taskbar system tray?

Yes.

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
What versions of PIA VPN and of Actual Multiple Monitors you're running?

PIA: 3.3.1 (it's been happening on earlier versions as well)
AMM: 8.14.6.1

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

21H1 (19403.1586).  I run Win 10 Enterprise.

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Do you use any other applications with tray icons that change dynamically? Does this problem persist for these applications too?

The only thing that comes close is the Discord app which shows a tiny red dot in the corner when unread messages are present.  That appears to work.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/23/2022 09:09:49

Hello, J S

I apologize for such long delay in replying to you.

I use the Private Internet Access VPN at home and the taskbar icon for this VPN changes color based on connection status.  In the normal Windows taskbar it works fine, but in Actual Multiple Monitors it does not
The problem has been confirmed. We'll try to fix it and will post here when it's fixed.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/26/2022 08:41:34

Hello, J S

You wrote:
I use the Private Internet Access VPN at home and the taskbar icon for this VPN changes color based on connection status. In the normal Windows taskbar it works fine, but in Actual Multiple Monitors it does not and it's impossible to tell connection status just from the icon color.

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version of Actual Multiple Monitors 8.14.7 and in Actual Window Manager as well.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register