Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Windows 11 - Extra taskbar graphic on 2nd monitor » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3644

Paul Moxhay

Posted: 02/06/2022 17:39:08

I run Windows 11 and Actual Windows Manager 8.14.6.1

Since upgrading to Windows 11 something strange occasionally happens on my 2nd monitor. The taskbar will appear half way down the screen. It is just a graphic as none of the buttons work but it stays there on top of everything until I restart AWM. It doesn't happen often... perhaps once a day... but it is very annoying especially in the middle of flying my flight simulator. It isn't program-specific and can happen at any time regardless of what I am doing it seems.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/14/2022 15:03:36

Hello, Paul

Thank you for contacting us.

Several users have already reported this problem, but it seems to be intermittent and happens rarely at least for some of the users. We were unable to reproduce it yet, but the users report that the taskbar copy can be removed by pausing the program. Then you can resume the program and the copy should not be there.

Next time the problem happens don't pause the program right away but open the configuration module and create new specific settings (AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings > green plus sign button). When the settings are created navigate to the Target Window section of the settings and use the Crosshair tool to see whether this taskbar copy has its own window parameter values. Drag the crosshair with the mouse to the taskbar copy. The target window parameter fields will be filled automatically with the values of the window the crosshair points to at the moment. So you need to drag it over desktop or a window overlayed by this taskbar copy, then without releasing the left mouse button drag it over the copy itself and see whether the parameters values change. If they do, then let us know what the parameters values of this taskbar copy are.

Also please specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Best regards.

Paul Moxhay

Posted: 02/14/2022 16:19:22

Thank you... I'll do as you ask next time it happens.

This might be total coincidence but since the last Windows update it hasn't happened.

I did notice that stopping and restarting AWM did erase the extra taskbar graphic.

Many thanks

Dave Gifford

Posted: 02/14/2022 23:57:25

I get this all the time here is the infop
Hi all I get this all the time. Here is the info you requested. I am also windows 11
TPUtilWindow-TMY-ACAF45DF-C00A-4DBC-99EA-0E7D92B9DBEC

Thanks
Dave

this is also a duplicate topic not sure how to flag and refer toe the original

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/07/2022 21:10:54

Hello, Dave

I've replied to your message in the other topic regarding this problem. Please see the reply.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register