Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Screen flickering going to sleep randomly Actual Windows Manager 8.14.6 and later , Screen focus lost in AWM 8.14.6 and later » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10537

HMiller10 Miller

Posted: 01/12/2022 04:05:44

Ever since I first installed the AWM 8.14.6 and later revisions to Actual Window Manager, multiple displays connected to my computer (Windows 10 21H2) through a Dell 6000 USB docking station will go blank/black and window focus will shift away from the window I am working on.

Reverting to AWM 8.14.4 eliminates the issue. Can I get someone from technical support to assist in troubleshooting why the upgraded version causes so many issues?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/18/2022 03:37:07

Hello, HMiller10

Thank you for contacting us.

multiple displays connected to my computer (Windows 10 21H2) through a Dell 6000 USB docking station will go blank/black and window focus will shift away from the window I am working on.
Do you mean both these events happen as soon as you start Actual Window Manager version 8.14.6 and later?

If you're running AWM 8.14.4 now could you send us your Actual Window Manager configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Please add a link to the topic in the email.

Then could you install the latest version 8.14.6.1 again, reproduce the problem with blank/black monitors, close the configuration module of AWM (if it's open) and open it again and send the configuration files again.

Also make a screenshot of the desktop when the problem happens and send it to us too.

Also when this happens please open the standard Windows display settings and see whether the monitors are represented in the settings window and whether they're enabled in the settings.

Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Best regards.

HMiller10 Miller

Posted: 01/20/2022 22:36:29

I have uploaded my configuration for version 8.14.4 to Tech. Support. I have a 3 monitor setup. All the monitors are working correctly and display settings finds all 3. I use my main monitor and I extend my desktop to the other two.

HMiller10 Miller

Posted: 01/20/2022 23:00:01

Standard display settings are normal and set as expected. If I close AWM, even with version 8.14.16.1 installed, the issue goes away. It's definitely something related to this version.

HMiller10 Miller

Posted: 01/20/2022 23:01:10

Display settings screenshot. It appears this forum software only lets you attach one file in each message/reply. Can that be changed to allow more?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/02/2022 08:12:31

HMiller10 Miller,

Ever since I first installed the AWM 8.14.6 and later revisions to Actual Window Manager, multiple displays connected to my computer (Windows 10 21H2) through a Dell 6000 USB docking station will go blank/black and window focus will shift away from the window I am working on.
Reverting to AWM 8.14.4 eliminates the issue.
The problem has been confirmed recently. Indeed, this behavior persists for the Save Idle Screens feature in the version 8.14.6.1. We'll try to fix it and will post here when it's fixed. Unfortunately, for now there is no known workaround for it, so the only way to avoid the problem in this version is to disable the "Start automatically..." option for the Save Idle Screens feature.

But as for the problem with windows losing focus – I was unable to reproduce it.

In your email you wrote:
The current active window, MS Word for instance, focus will be lost, causing disruptions in work activities until the two dark screens are woke up.

Do you mean even if you click the window again with the mouse to give it focus it still doesn't get focus until you stop the Save Idle Screens screensavers?

Does it happen with all applications or only with some particular ones like MS Word for example? Does it happen with Notepad?

Does it depend on which monitor the window resides on?

Could you also see whether windows lose focus the same way when the Save Idle Screens screensavers start with the version 8.14.4 that you're running now? You can temporarily set the screensavers to start after 1 minute and see.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/02/2022 08:22:32

HMiller10 Miller,

It appears this forum software only lets you attach one file in each message/reply. Can that be changed to allow more?
Indeed, the built-in image attachment tool has this limitation. We'll consider implementing the ability to attach several images to one message and will post here if it's implemented.

HMiller10 Miller

Posted: 02/08/2022 04:01:30

While working with my 3 monitor setup, using any AWM 8.1.5 or later version, an entire screen will go into blank screen/screensaver mode within a minute. The mouse focus, even if on an active screen will shift to the screen that went into screensaver mode.

I then have to place the mouse cursor on the 'sleeping screen', click the left mouse button to wake up the monitor before I can go back to working on what I was working on. That is, until the next minute when the screens go to sleep again.

This has to get fixed. The problem is rending the software unusable for me beyond version 8.1.4.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/14/2022 16:20:53

HMiller10 Miller,

an entire screen will go into blank screen/screensaver mode within a minute
I wrote in my previous message that the problem had been confirmed. I was unable to confirm only the part with window focus.

I then have to place the mouse cursor on the 'sleeping screen', click the left mouse button to wake up the monitor before I can go back to working on what I was working on.
Do I understand correctly that the window on the active screen which has the focus at the moment loses it when the screensaver starts? What happens if you don't stop the screensaver but click the window again? Does it become active again? Or you're unable to make active/send some mouse actions/type into any of the windows until you stop the screensaver?

As for the temporary workaround for the problem you can disable the "Start automatically..." option for the Save Idle Screens feature (AWM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Screen Saver > Save Idle Screens > "Start automatically...").

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/26/2022 03:30:02

Hello, HMiller10 Miller

You wrote about the subject problem with the Save Idle Screens feature in one of your emails:
On a 3 monitor setup, within a minute, two of the 3 monitor screens will go to screensaver (which is blank) or to sleep.

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.14.7 and in Actual Multiple Monitors as well.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register