Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Screen flickering going to sleep randomly Actual Windows Manager 8.14.6 and later , Screen focus lost in AWM 8.14.6 and later » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 69

HMiller10 Miller

Posted: 12.01.2022 04:05:44

Ever since I first installed the AWM 8.14.6 and later revisions to Actual Window Manager, multiple displays connected to my computer (Windows 10 21H2) through a Dell 6000 USB docking station will go blank/black and window focus will shift away from the window I am working on.

Reverting to AWM 8.14.4 eliminates the issue. Can I get someone from technical support to assist in troubleshooting why the upgraded version causes so many issues?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 18.01.2022 03:37:07

Hello, HMiller10

Thank you for contacting us.

multiple displays connected to my computer (Windows 10 21H2) through a Dell 6000 USB docking station will go blank/black and window focus will shift away from the window I am working on.
Do you mean both these events happen as soon as you start Actual Window Manager version 8.14.6 and later?

If you're running AWM 8.14.4 now could you send us your Actual Window Manager configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Please add a link to the topic in the email.

Then could you install the latest version 8.14.6.1 again, reproduce the problem with blank/black monitors, close the configuration module of AWM (if it's open) and open it again and send the configuration files again.

Also make a screenshot of the desktop when the problem happens and send it to us too.

Also when this happens please open the standard Windows display settings and see whether the monitors are represented in the settings window and whether they're enabled in the settings.

Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Best regards.

HMiller10 Miller

Posted: 20.01.2022 22:36:29

I have uploaded my configuration for version 8.14.4 to Tech. Support. I have a 3 monitor setup. All the monitors are working correctly and display settings finds all 3. I use my main monitor and I extend my desktop to the other two.

HMiller10 Miller

Posted: 20.01.2022 23:00:01

Standard display settings are normal and set as expected. If I close AWM, even with version 8.14.16.1 installed, the issue goes away. It's definitely something related to this version.

HMiller10 Miller

Posted: 20.01.2022 23:01:10

Display settings screenshot. It appears this forum software only lets you attach one file in each message/reply. Can that be changed to allow more?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register