Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «UNlock mouse? , Mouse lock can be evil for the physically disabled » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3249

Nathan Herman

Posted: 01/01/2022 07:40:18

Hello, I got AIM because I recently got Bravely Default II, and can't play it due to physical disability.  I can only use a touchpad... to use anything else, I need on-screen adaptive software. Unfortunately, Bravely Default 2 hides the mouse cursor AND locks it in the window.

I was told that AIM can unlock the mouse cursor, but I can only find a way to lock it. I had hope that mirror mode would work, but it just brings the game window to the front... which immediately locks and hides the cursor again!

Am I missing something? I really don't return this game as I've been waiting for it for a while, but I might have to. Any ideas?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/22/2022 06:25:34

Hello, Nathan

Thank you for contacting us and sorry for the delay in replying to you.

For now I'm not able to get the game to install it on our computer and test whether our software can be hepful in your situation.

Could you clarify how exactly you're planning to use the feature that possibly unlocks the mouse pointer? Do you expect the mouse pointer to be always unlocked and never be locked in the game? Will there any problems with using the mouse in the game if the mouse pointer is always unlocked?

Do you play the game in windowed mode or in full-screen mode?

I was told that AIM can unlock the mouse cursor, but I can only find a way to lock it

You can try to use the Ignore Deactivation feature. Create specific settings for the game and enable the Ignore Deactivation action in the Startup section of the settings (Actual Window Manager configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings > specific settings for Bravely Default II > Startup > Ignore Deactivation).

Also if there is a way to assign hotkey combinations to touchpad gestures you can try to use the Ignore Deactivation or the Lock Mouse hotkeys (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+I and Ctrl+Shift+Alt+L combinations by default respectively).

Let us know whether anything of this works.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register