New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 17
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Windows 11 - Multi Monitor , Task Bar Issue » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 21433

Chris James

Posted: 12/23/2021 01:36:09

Apologies, but I do not seem to be able to upload images from OneDrive or Google Drive, so this will be a text only topic. When I View the topic, I get the url in between the IMG tags, with no image.

Versions are
Windows 11: Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview, Build 22523.1000
with Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22523.1000.0
AWM:8.14.6.1

Two screens, Left is screen 2, Right screen 1. Left screen set as main display/primary monitor
Task bars are set to Individual Mode
Every 10 minutes or so, the task bar on the left hand screen is displayed in the middle of the right hand screen - not clickable, just an image.
Fix is to Pause then Resume AWM.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/24/2021 05:59:45

Hello, Chris

Thank you for contacting us.

I think I understand what you're talking about, although we were unable to reproduce this problem.

Have you noticed whether this problem happens after some specific actions/events in the system?

Is it associated with entering the system locally after remote desktop session to this computer or with sleep mode/hibernation?

What monitors do you use and what interfaces do you use to connect them to the computer (DVI, HDMI etc.)? Do you use a docking station or USB video adapters?

Could you send us your Actual Window Manager configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic in the email.

You can send the screenshots to support@actualtools.com too.

Best regards.

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 12/25/2021 03:21:42

Bogdan: Maybe he have similar issue as I am with the Firefox, which showing on primary taskbar after switching browser to fullscreen?

Jason Broadley

Posted: 12/26/2021 04:43:02

I have also just started having this problem this morning. My computer was already booted but was asleep, and it shows the attached image when I open the laptop lid and wake it up.

Description in case the image doesn't upload: I have two external monitors, one on either side of my laptop monitor, and using AMM to create a separate taskbar on each screen with their own set of taskbar apps. However, since waking my laptop this morning, the central screen's taskbar gets mirrored onto the middle of the other two screens; AMM is still creating my additional taskbars at the bottom of each screen. The mirrored taskbars in the middle of each screen are not clickable and they cover anything else on the screen (they're always 'on top').

Running Windows 11. My external monitors are connected via several USB & MiniDisplayPort cables. I haven't tried rebooting yet or seeing if Win11 decided to spontaneously change any taskbar settings (as  I know MS is wont to do at times), so I'll be trying that next as well.

EDIT: the mirrored taskbars did go away upon reboot and they haven't returned after putting my computer to sleep and waking it back up several times. So maybe it was a one-time glitch. I'll return with another update if they come back at some point.

Chris James

Posted: 12/27/2021 17:42:11

Hi Bogdan - thanks for getting back to me.

I'm glad to see I'm not alone, although Jason does seem to have it twice as bad as me.

Graphics card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5500 XT OC
Monitors:      2 x BenQ GL2460 running at 1920 x 1080, connected HDMI (PC) to DVI-D (monitor)
Stand alone PC - no remote access to it.

I've sent the config files as requested, and have attached screenshots.

Mine occurs randomly - nothing to do with sleep/hibernations, or maybe not so randomly, as it look likes it is caused by the TAB key of the ALT+TAB key combination to switch windows, as I seem to be able to replicate this at will now - although I am not 100% sure that it always occurs with this. I've additionally sent a screen recording of this.

One further thing I've just noticed - which I hadn't seen before, is that it refreshes the image in the middle of the screen every time you ALT+TAB - you can see the active screen highlight changes for each ALT+TAB - I've sent a further screen recording showing this.

Hope this all helps

Chris

Chris James

Posted: 12/29/2021 19:06:26

And yesterday I was streaming a film, and randomly the issue occurred - no keyboard or mouse interaction by me at all.

Chris James

Posted: 01/04/2022 22:30:00

I performed a clean install of Windows 11 over the weekend and the issue seems to have gone away.

Previously it was a Windows Insider version of Windows 11

Chris James

Posted: 01/20/2022 17:53:02

I can confirm that the task bar issue as reported hasn't reared it's ugly head since I reinstalled, so maybe an upgrade issue or a Windows Insider issue.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/04/2022 19:38:12

Hello, everyone

I'm glad that the problem doesn't annoy you all the time and it stopped appearing (at least for some time).

We were unable to reproduce it for now.

If the problem happens next time don't pause the program right away but open the configuration module and create a new specific settings (AWM/AMM configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings > green plus sign button). When the settings are created navigate to the Target Window section of the settings and use the Crosshair tool to see whether this taskbar copy has its own window parameter values. Drag the crosshair with the mouse to the taskbar copy. The target window parameter fields will be filled automatically with the values of the window the crosshair points to at the moment. So you need to drag it over desktop or a window overlayed by this taskbar copy, then without releasing the left mouse button drag it over the copy itself and see whether the parameters values change. If they do, then let us know what the parameters values of this taskbar copy are.

Best regards.

Dave Gifford

Posted: 02/10/2022 08:53:34

Hi all I get this all the time. Here is the info you requested. I am also windows 11
TPUtilWindow-TMY-ACAF45DF-C00A-4DBC-99EA-0E7D92B9DBEC

Thanks
Dave

Messages 1 - 10 of 17
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 3, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help